Anyone here play RuneScape?

Another old timey classic from the early 2000’s

Just wanted to see how many here used to play and what you were good at

I personally don’t play it anymore, but there is this thread with quite a few people that still do sometimes: www.elitefourum.com/t/old-school-runescape/23590/1

Maybe I should try to retrieve my password just to wack other players with the rubber chicken again, haha. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I played for approximately 10 years. I was primarily a skiller. Eventually got max cape about a year after the Dungeoneering release. Was never good at bossing or PK-ing

I’ve played OSRS for probably 7-8 years of my life. All I do is PK. :blush:

1 Like

I Had a maxed account that I played from 2006/7 till 6months after eoc came out. Our clan and guild all stopped playing with the loss of the original game. Kept in contact with a lot of people that started on old school, I have finally started an ironman on osrs as recently had some down time. Great nostalgia but the potential of playing it all day every day like I used to is long gone, its fun but doing it a second time sucks a little, I also have a family and a business now. The grind aspect has taught me some valuable things in life.

Really was a massive shame they ruined it with RS3 and micro transactions, games are now made by moneymen, not gamers like they used to.

1 Like

Do you still play? I have a close to max med level (115) Dher, all I do is Pk

1 Like

I don’t too often at the moment, just because I’m studying for the bar exam, but once I’m done, I’m definitely jumping back on. My main pking account is a lvl 64 hybrid (ancients, fire cape, etc)!

DON’T DO IT
The black hole is gonna suck you straight back in
Srsly
Don’t do it
Nobody ever truly ‘quits’ Runescape…

What a great game. Used to play the crap out of this game when I was in middle school. I’ll leave it at that and never go back, just pure nostalgia for me now =]

yep, i played since the beginning of time, when the rune chainmail was the BEST armor in the whole game. last time i played was probably over 2 years ago. whenever i have some free time, i’ll pick up the membership and play the new quests, check out new areas, etc. i was never hardcore into combat, mostly just skilling and questing. however, i do want to actually get into some serious combat since that is one of the largest sections of the game, whenever life gives me a bit more time. i thought maybe working from home would afford me more time, but i was very wrong.

the game is much easier now, which his nice, because RS classic was a HUGE GRIND. skilling took ages. now i can level up faster and get access to more content quicker. unfortunately, i’ve never had a great pc/fast internet to get the best performance of the game. i currently use my work laptop for many things and my personal laptop is almost 8 years old. i do have better internet. i guess i’ll need to look into getting a new laptop probably next year.

I recently re-subbed to RS3 after not playing for probably 3 years, maybe even 4. I came back to do Archaeology.

There’s already a Runescape tread - though it might be an OSRS one, at that ~

i started playing runescape around 2005 !! i’ve been playing osrs on and off for about 3 years now. still a massive noob when it comes to the game :L

Runescape ≠ Old School Runescape

all I remember about that game was making rune armour and fishing for swordfish and … lobsters