Anybody Else Fed Up...eBay Messages

Unless your sending an eBay message to deal off auction via family/friends, quit sending messages to me making offers lower than my buy it now. If I was accepting offers IT WOULD BE ON THE LISTING.
Any offer they make is a lowball, AND LOWBALLERS DESTROY HOBBY’S AND KILL VALUES.

Finally, they waste time. Right now I’m very disturbed because I had 8 of these waiting for me after I got my daughter. It took a half hour to courteously let these idiots down.
Soooooo annoying.

9 Likes

Can copy & paste some canned responses. May expedite the process. I’m sure I don’t get as many as you but totally understand the situation!

I have that issue with all my items, even non hobby stuff.

Write in the description that your price is firm and you won’t respond to any messages with lowball offers.

You should write,

“Unless you’re my age, and you’re asking for a senior citizen discount, the answer is NO

:wink:

15 Likes

ROTFLMBO
That’s hilarious…

6 Likes

I got one yesterday where I had a card listed at 400, with the only other 9 graded on eBay was at 800. Not even an hour in I had an offer of 100. I look at the offerer and guess who it is?

The seller who had it listed at 800 (which is way overpriced IMO)

Just declined his offer without comment and moved on. Eventually found a buyer outside of eBay.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even respond to that, ebay lowballers are the worst.

I like the respond to lowballs with the classic counteroffer of 1 cent below the buy it now price.

3 Likes

That’s what I do, I have a txt file of replies to the usual questions I’m asked that I just copy/paste/send. It’s saved so much time dealing with annoying people.

I’ve had many of these ‘bastards’ as I call them lol as well.

The best one I had was ‘What’s the best offer you will give me?’

I thought they were the ones who were supposed to make me an offer! The best offer is the price I put on the listing. Some people hey.

1 Like

Bingo…

I could not agree more with this. The amount of times i’ve had people message me about cards costing £3.99, and wanting them for £3.00 is outrageous. It wastes not only the sellers time but the petty buyers’ time going back and forward to resolve a price that was firmly set to begin with. If these cretinous individuals could kindly delete their eBay accounts, that would be great!

The funny thing is, you look like the bad guy for not accepting their offer! Good thing there is a block bidder page! :blush:

I’ve even gotten scolded for countering an offer with 25 cent difference!!! Card wasn’t even listed at much, less than $2 and then claiming I was selling fake cards… in the end, they ended up saying sorry, to please unblock them and that they will buy at full price. If I were to sell the card to this individual, imagine the problems he would have caused if he would have gotten the card :relieved: .

I guess many buyers believe they are entitled to a discount for some reason, or heck, even Free tracked shipping on such orders when the shipping cost itself is MORE than the card itself :unamused:

1 Like

Ebay is far from a traditional auction site.

I worked in the vehicle auction industry for many years and the seller would pay a % fee based on the sale price. All auctions started low and people bid. It didnt cost any more to set a reserve which is normal practice and if the vehicle didnt sell the owner paid a fee. Plain and simple. The only time a BIN situation occured was after the auctions and we negotiated as a middleman between buyer and seller.

Always wished I had the coding know how to make a rival site!

So I’m guessing the charizard lot is non negotiable… sigh I can’t even afford this shit in my dreams no more.

1 Like

I fear that tracked shipping is another thing that bugs me on eBay, you offer such a service as “free shipping” and list an item to absorb the shipping price for that. Yet buyers do not consider such a factor and complain as to why you’ve listed a card higher than others yet they have £2.99 shipping on them… :unamused: .

eBay is a vehicle for selling that needs to be filtered from all of the problematic buyers, unfortunately this will never be the case, but it’s a nice notion to ponder upon, one day we may have intelligent buyers! :grin:

1 Like

I’ve never understood why people haggle for $1 off … seriously it’s just $1 come on and pay up if you want the card. I’ve had people try and haggle 25c off cards when they’re buying like 40+ cards and spending over $100. I’ve had to tell them look I honestly don’t have time for this, are you seriously trying to save 25c, is 25c going to make or break this deal?

2 Likes

I feel like this could be a power play by the buyer. Most people in today’s market feel like they should be treated exactly the same as Highstreet Retailers would treat their customers. In actual fact, people cannot afford to take off $1.00 from their overheads, hence why a card is priced as it is. The buyers feed off of the fact that they are buying more, and expect more in return.

lol imagine Gary’s or Rusty’s spam box / offers… it must be so crazy jammed packed…

i don’t know what to do.

either get rid of best offers, or set a high automatic rejection limit. but then that doesn’t stop the constant messaging…
just ignore them… i dont know.