Any fb groups or forums for yugioh

Hi guys

I’ve decided to dip my toes in collecting yugioh as a side collection but realise there’s no yugioh psa marketplace / forum / platform for buying or even discussing it - for those collecting yugioh here, where do you make deals?

I Google yugioh psa and efour pops up

Pojo.Com Forum is your best bet but currently there really isn’t a place for Yugioh that’s quite like this one. There just isn’t a lot of hardcore collectors for yugioh right now, let alone PSA collectors.

You may have to wait a couple of years, until the collectors market becomes stronger before we get places like this for yugioh.

Ah ok…feel like it’s a chicken and egg problem too tho. With a proper platform for knowledge sharing people are willing to dive deeper - would like to increase my spending in yugioh but just can’t find alternative channels

Thanks man!

1 Like

Buy stuff raw and get is graded yourself. It’s infinitely cheaper and unlike pokemon mint stuff isn’t hard to find if you go to vendors and you’re willing to spend.

Yugioh doesn’t have the collector base pokemon has but has a much more active playerbase. The collector base is growing however.

Yugioh black market and Zodiac Duelist is your best bet, if you need to know about the collectable side of the game just pm me because I’m deep into yugioh.

Funny, I haven’t collected yugioh in a long time and sold a lot of stuff a couple years ago but I’m easing back into it and was having the exact same thoughts. Getting back in now has me feeling stranded due to lack of readily available collecting advice, card price histories, condition guides, etc. EFour has spoiled me!

I’m looking for lob 1st ed blue eyes in particular tho…it kinda never comes cheap

Welp well if anyone on this forum is looking to sell their psa 10 lob bewds, lmk. Happy to trade similar value psa 10 shadowless or even psa 9/10 1st ed base holos too

While we’re on the topic, whats the consensus on the English BEWD power ranking? What’s rarer?

DDS vs. LOB
They’re floating around the exact same PSA 9 and 10 SOLD prices on ebay.

DDS: Secret Rare, Original Blue Eyes art, obtainable only temporarily in video game box before they re-released the game with a different promo set.

LOB: Ultra Rare, Second Artwork variant, car from original, iconic set, have to pull from booster pack at random, not guaranteed in every booster box.

Print quality between the two is probably the same? I’d also guess that there’s fewer factory sealed DDS game boxes floating around than 1st ed LOB boxes+packs. But that’s just based on my own anecdotal experience.

I personally prefer DDS just based on art + secret rarity

I don’t have any hard numbers for you, so I can’t tell you what’s rarer, but DDS is def. less print # than LOB.

In terms of value, however, I’m putting my money on LOB BEWD. Maybe DDS is older (not sure) or lower print, etc. but I think the 1st “main set” print (i.e. 1st Ed. Base) is probably going to be the most valuable with the biggest market.

Both were release in March 2002, LOB being released just 11 days earlier than DDS.
But I agree with you, something about it being from the first set seems to increase its allure, or at least that’s what logic would tell you when comparing it to Base Charizard.
But I think it’s possible that these two could stay neck and neck just due to the desirability of the anime blue eyes artwork that DDS has. I know when I think of blue eyes, first thing that comes to mind is Kaiba’s blue eyes. It would be cool for there to be 2 kings of the hobby as opposed to having the situation Pokemon has where Base Charizard just dominates everything.

1 Like

It’s DDS for me IMO. If you look back through history DDS seems to be the more sought after of the two. Just look at the PSA submissions, even though LOB is more common, it has significantly less submissions than DDS. That tells me that the demand is a bit stronger for DDS.

Not to mention DDS is the original art for Blue Eyes that’s even used in the show. While LOB is the first English set I don’t think it will be like 1st Ed Base . Base Set has more going for it than just being the 1st English set. Cards are very hard to grade while LOB seems a bit too easy to grade from what I’m seeing, and Base Set has always been hyped up.

You also can’t really get much conclusive evidence from PSA pops just yet though because grading hasn’t really been popular for yugioh until a couple years ago. I remember the graded yugioh market being non-existent not too long ago, there’s definitely room for those pop numbers to explode in one direction or another, but again I think it would be a lot easier to find some sealed LOB product than to find sealed DDS games or promo packets.

Well you can get Australian or European print LOB 1st BEWDs for much less than the North American print.

If you want to go really cheap there’s Asian-English.

Also, because PSA is simply not on the ball a lot of the PSA pops are inflated by them throwing a lot of different print runs into the 1st Edition population.

Lastly

DDS > LOB

Erryday

I definitely agree that dds is better than lob. also happy to offload your lob bewds for you.

I’m more of a 1st SDK guy myself.

It’s cleaner than the DDS imo and it’s the BEWD everyone has when they were a kid.

I have LOB 1sts but they’re not mint :sob:

This is interesting stuff! I’ve actually been lurking these forums for a while (most notably when those 3DS Art Academy Promos were being sold by the creators - this forum was unbelievably helpful to get in touch with a few).

I’ve been tinkering with the idea of creating a forum for Vintage YGO, but unfortunately don’t know if I have the time to keep it updated as regularly as I’d like and would probably need a partner in crime…

I’ve asked a few of my closer YGO buds, but they also are in a similar conundrum in terms of time-restraints to start up a forum.

I’m still certainly thinking about it, though.

-Tim (YugiohTube on YouTube and IG).

2 Likes

Just do it.

Make a YuGiOh forum! I’d gladly join.