An Honest Look at Modern Selling

I would recommend watching this video. It’s a good insight into what large modern sellers do, what their margins are, how they grow, etc. It’s an interesting perspective, even if you dislike this side of the hobby.

Fun Fact: An e4 thread makes a cameo!

5 Likes

Is this considered a Giant seller in the Pokemon World?

Things of interest:

1. TPC can’t really pretend that they don’t know how much Japanese product leaves Japan. I wonder if they have upped their print runs knowing this, even despite the crackdowns.

2. Pokene (like others have also mentioned) has to buy ‘dead stock’ from distributors to access the good stuff. If both resellers and distributors know what is dead stock, how on Earth does TPCi not know and why do they keep making products that their customers consider dead stock?

As I have mentioned previously, TPCi seems like an incompetent company that has no pulse on the actual end consumer. If we assume their 2 goals are to sell as many cards as possible and to help increase players, their actions do not show it. There is a glut of products that are basically unsellable for profit as is (needs to be broken down) and I can’t understand how hostile they are to LGS when that’s the only outlet that helps grow the playing side. And although I’m not a player myself, TCG Live is constantly panned by players and now Pocket is coming out for a worldwide audience. Just what goes on there…

1 Like

TPCi has to be doing something right if they’re still making cards after 28 years

Will watch the video in the coming days, most likely. Thanks for sharing, Dyl :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this the guy who turned his basement into a stockroom? If so, excellent watch.

1 Like

What’s the time stamp on the e4 cameo?

3 Likes

Asking the real questions here