Amatuer Guide to Perfect Fit aka inner sleeves brands

Hey everyone I’m new here only my second day but I’ve always wondered what others think is the best brand of Perfect fitting inner sleeves on their own as a stand alone or how they stack up when they are taken to the outer sleeve or oversized sleeve level. Now I have some small amount of knowledge on where a good bit of common sleeve brands all get their sleeves and toplaoders pages etc etc from the exact same manufacture in China… yep BCW and Ultra Pro tooloaders … exact same manufacture just different branding I crap you not! ( from what I’ve learned anyway) and this is pretty common a lot of brands are all the same stuff different branding. But some are not so let’s hear your testimonials on the different branded Perfect Fit sleeves and which variation if their perfect fit you think is best for the ones who have different options. I’ve got a list of all the different brands that deal in Perfect Fit and variations if those perfect fits. So let’s get started

KMC - Perfect Size Sleeves - Perfect Fit Standard/Perfect Fit Hard/ Perfect Fit Side-in also Perfect Fit Mini

KMC are what I have the most expirence with and I have to say they to me are really great quality and very snug fitting with no overhang and that’s every single sleeve without fail. Of course the KMC series has 3 stages it goes Perfect fit - standard fit - then Oversized and you have yourself a tripple sleeved card. Not terribly thick, you can get different variations if the Oversized and any standard size color or finish. The price for these is pretty consistent around $10 for 3 (100Ct) packs of perfect fit standard ,$5-8 for your standard fit sleeves depending upon your tastes and likes, and then $7-8 for your Oversized outer sleeve in all 3 of its variations , the draw back to tripple sleeving with these… They all come in different quantity packs… Perfect Fit comes in 100 count packs, the standard middle sleeve comes in 50ct-80ct packs… and the Oversized outer sleeves come in 60 count packs so. You’ll always have extra perfect fits and not enough Oversized… but as a whole I prefer kmc perfect fits because they are wonderful as a stand alone protection without the stage 2 and 3

next we we have

Ultra Pro - PRO Fit Sleeves - PRO Fit Standard/PRO Fit EDGE / PRO Fit Side Load Sleeves

i have have no known expirence with Ultra pros PRO Fit line. I could only speculate which would help no one so I shall not. I will say those PRO Fit EDGE’s look utterly amazing and I think I might end up with a pack of them like tomorrow. If you haven’t seen the pro Fit edge’s check them out
Ultra Pro PRO Fit Edge
Niceeee

anyways next

Dragon Shield - Perfect Fit - Perfect Fit Standard/Perfect Fit Side Load

i also have no expirence with these sleeves. So I will not speculate on them.

Next we have

Ultimate Guard - Precise Fit - Precise Fit Standard/Precise Fit Resealable/Precise Fit Side Load

i do have some expirence with these. They are pretty good quality, well fitting, consistently cut and sized, and have a different option than the others on this list have that I know of… they have resealable sleeves available so completely seal your card in. These sleeves work as an inner and then there is an outer, so only double sleeveing can be a good thing! I would say to me they are a very close second to my preferred perfect fits which are kmc. Not having had expirence with any of the others on this list only these two.

snd lastly we have

BCW Inner Sleeves - Inner Sleeves Standard/Inner Sleeves Resealable

i do not have expirence with these sleeves either. They are a inner/ outer type sleeving set and they are available in resealable! Other than that I have no expirence with these.

2 Likes

The thing is most people on here are collectors so they have no use for perfect fits. They’re mostly for TCG players.

Also there’s no need to even try other brands since KMC already makes flawless ones for pokemon and they’re dirt cheap when you buy in bulk.

Finally, TCC did several videos on this subject years ago…

I hadn’t seen any posts about it, also today I was wondering who all made perfect fits so I was doing research and decided to post what I found, also I had to post those PRO Fit Edge

Also I’m only a collector too but I Sleeve my cards when I put them into my collection books, I didn’t know this was out of the norm, how do you store your cards I am curious now, I want to know if there’s a better way

1 Like

There’s no use for tight fitting sleeves, because long term, they only stand to damage them, rather than protect.

Ultra Pro Platinum sleeves are all you need for binder storage.

If you’re storing to grade, store in penny sleeves and card savers.

4 Likes

Perfect fit sleeves, in my opinion, should only be used for double sleeving. Double sleeving serves the purpose of protecting the cards for TCG players in which a card goes into a perfect fit and then into a deck sleeve.

For binder collecting, there’s no use for sleeves as the Ultra Pro Platinum Pages or an Ultra Pro Premium Pro Binder do the job. As a collector, you wouldn’t be taking these cards out of the pages. :sunglasses:

Cards I care about I just throw in penny sleeves and bulk just goes in boxes/tins I’ve had over the years.

Hope that helps!

I sleeve my cards and ultra pro binder them ha! Ultra pro plat pages with my comm uncom and rev holos arent sleeved and put in ring binders flat on my shelf.

I’m a fan of the perfect fit sleeves as well, I use them for the cards I store in my binder collections.

Honestly I’m pretty picky about the aesthetic element of collecting and I really don’t like the amount of overhang you get with standard sleeves & penny sleeves, I understand that there is an inherent risk to mint cards and I’ll be the first to admit it, but any card that goes in them isn’t coming out; any card that I’ll grade automatically goes in a penny sleeve and card saver though (when I can get a hold of the damned things in the UK!)

1 Like

I feel exactly the same everything with my collections has to be clean and perfect all cards have to be pushed all the way in and not higher or lower than the others I use side loading 18 pocket pages. I actually double or tripple sleeve my cards depending on how much it cost some of these cards are 100’s of bucks I wanna keep them mint. And if you need card savers sent to the uk I can probably help you I’m a certified dealer of BCW supplies and also ultra pro here in the USA and I have been registered with the uk tax services for doing business there

1 Like

I disagree that collectors do not use perfect fit sleeves. I use them for ALL my cards that are not graded. They are added protection for the cards not valuable enough to grade and good to keep cards safe that are yet to be graded. As long as you do not damage the card while putting it in the sleeve you should be fine. I understand some people prefer a toploader, but I like a side loading zipfolio binder and cards can get damaged anyway they are handled if done poorly.

In the end it’s personal preference.

On the other hand, making a guide and then not having any real knowledge of half the brands is a bit silly. KMC for the win though.

Me too! I use the Dragon Shield Perfect fit sleeves for all my binder collections.

I prefer the classic ultra pro penny sleeves for all of my old cards and ultra pro fit deck sleeves for newer cards. I find the perfect fit ones annoying and are too tight which can potentially warp and bend the card.