Best Sleeves for Pokemon Cards?

I didn’t see any posts in Articles/Guides for this, even though I’ve seen comments on preferences,

but I’d like to hear everyones opinions on what the best sleeves for storing cards are.

For toploaders and Card Saver 1 (sending in for grading) I’m assuming penny sleeves are the way to go

for my ultra pro binder I like to sleeve cards in there and I heard KMC perfect size and ultra pro Pro-fit are good, but I haven’t bought either yet. - I’m looking for sleeves that the card can easily go into or out of, without worrying about damaging it, and fits in the binder

Any comments or suggestions? Thanks

I hear kmc perfect fit are great for Japanese cards but not for English? anyone know about that?

I use penny sleeves for reg rare, reverse, holos etc and ultra pro-matte for ultras and ex

Dragon sleeves

I sleeve all of my cards with the Ultra Pro branded penny sleeves. The ones labelled “Card Sleeves”. I don’t care if they are commons, or Hyper Rares. I use the same sleeve for every card. Just personal preference.

Im actually sleeving hundreds of cards at the moment, duplicate sets with just ultra pro penny sleeves, this is more than sufficient and then cards and sets for my personal collection also, all 5 Japanese E series sets. Sleeving all 5 with KMC Perfect Fit + KMC Hyper Matt sleeves. I have also sleeved my English collection this way, all the holos and rares, double sleeving them with KMC Perfect Fit and Hyper Matt and they work a charm.

My older sets were originally in all Ultra Pro product but the Ultra Pro Pro-fit sleeves are definitely too tight, 1 in 10 bowing the card horizontally, i have to say KMC are the best of the best for both English and Japanese cards, they are worth the extra penny and i could argue till the end of the day. If you in doubt as to what to purchase buy KMC for your best cards and penny sleeves for your bulk.

I will try and post a card storing guide in the next few weeks along with comparisons of ultra pro / KMC

I cant get cards out of the KMC perfect fit, so be careful if you wish to take out.You can damage them I believe(only had 2 cards with them from japan…both were damaged.

I heard dragon shield is one of the best sleeves for playing tcg, are those what you are referring too?

Ye

I have used KMC Perfect size and I have to say that I had to replace with penny sleeves, despite being better than UltraPro, they will also bend the card ever so slightly.
For me the best way is penny sleeve + card saver/toploader with a team bag covering the toploader.

For binder I use UltraPro deck protectors, but I am very keen on trying the dragon shields, as I have heard very good about it, however the price always makes me back out xD

I still have them in ultra pro sleeves (I don’t even know what kind, they are orange, and weren’t “special” like pro matte, just regular ones)

And I don’t really have any problems yet, just everyone always telling me to go KMC… the closest i got was kfc tho :stuck_out_tongue:

KMC fit English cards perfectly, don’t have issues taking them out neither like someone mentioned above . I tried ultra pro’s version but quality control was really bad on them.