Advice on Photographing/Scanning your Cards

Seems to be working fine

Do you just by itself feed into the scanner or on a paper?

Just picked up a V550 for super cheap and a slab frame template from Pokedreamer. Kind of hype to get my collection scanned in! Gonna use that background tutorial from @pfm for sure

You can adjust the plastic feed to the size of the card and then feed it through. It scans the back and front at once so no paper

2 Likes

I am just leaving this link to anyone who needs it on how TCA Gaming does his scans:

2 Likes

Saving this for later - thank you :wink:

1 Like

Post some of the pictures you made with their background :)!

1 Like

I have an Epson v370 I’ve been using for years, maybe I need to make the jump to the v600 now

Bookmarked this post so I can always look back to it! Did a sports card first since it was easier with the sharp corners, but I’ll be doing some Pokemon this afternoon. I need to align the card in my scanner better next time. Being just a degree off level made it weird with the cutting and pasting the label and card.

I couldn’t figure out where the radius tool was for this pika, but it turned out ok!

4 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

Geaux Tigahs, Geaux Pika

1 Like

So the last piece of the puzzle for me: I have the V550, I have the 4-slab frame, I can scan and auto-crop and save individual card scans sequentially BUT… how can I get the back scans to be organized sequentially with the respective fronts?

James from Z&G mentions a program for this at 3:23 in this video

Basically just want to be able to scan fronts then backs and have them appear in my folder as Front, Back, Front, Back etc.

Just wanted to reply to this and say what a timesaver this tray and video have been for me. I used to preview fronts and backs of the cards and manually adjust each time. Thank you!

We all know/love the epson V600 for graded cards but I am curious to know what scanners you use for raw cards? Also what software and settings do you use in tandem? The canon r40 is mentioned above and I just bought an epson es400. I know the fujitsu/ricoh ones are good but not willing to pay 2-3 times the price. Any insight would be greatly appreciated :pray: