Actual Error or Laminated/Altered Card?

What do we think? Is this a real error as the seller is claiming, or was the card laminated/taped?

Very clearly had paper stuck to it and then ripped off. You can see the ring attachments where the paper has been torn out of the file.

2 Likes

I’m sure CGC will grade it as an error if you pay them

9 Likes

The Supreme tab makes me think this is legit. Maybe raises the value even more.

9 Likes

The card had tape on it that was ripped off. Here’s another one that was proven to be fake:

5 Likes

I agree, it looks like scotch tape. The perforated edges are probably from one of those scotch tape rollers that have the little metal cutter.

3 Likes

Looks like some sort of alteration to me (i.e. paper, tape, etc.).

On a maybe related note, can this peeling of ink layers happen on the back of Japanese cards too? I just saw this beat-up card on Mercari that had some weird ink patterns on the back, like part of the gold border was removed. The back of the card just overall looks odd. Is this just another example of something removing ink or is this a fake card (the holo on the front of the card looks legitimate—i.e. different colors and different clarities of the cosmos holofoil patterns shining through due to angle of light)?

On the bottom of the card, yes, that looks like it was removed by something like tape. I don’t know what’s going on with the top of this one though…

All new errors should require video documentation at this point it’s just stupid