A love for magmar ;)

Everyone has a favourite card and as you can tell from the title mine is magmar, im looking to collect every version of him and the photos below(hopefully if i know how to add them) are what i allready have. if anyone wants to jump in and help with any i should add to my collection i would love the help to catch them all.
ill add new cards as they get added to my collection.

Needed/have list in progress :blush:

Magmar English
Base Set Magmar 1999
Base set magmar 1999-2000
Base Set Magmar ShadowlessBase Set Magmar 1st Edition
Base Set Magmar 1st Edition grey stamp
Fossil Magmar 1999
Fossil magmar 1999-2000Fossil Magmar 1st Edition
Base Set 2 Magmar
Base set 2 blue flame
Gym Heroes Blaine’s MagmarGym Heroes Blaine’s Magmar 1st EditionNeo Genesis MagmarNeo Genesis Magmar 1st Edition
2002 League Black Star Promo Magmar
Expedition Base Set Magmar
Expedition Base Set Magmar Matchprint(no back)
Expedition Base Set Magmar Reverse FoilEX Ruby & Sapphire Magmar EX HoloEX Team Rocket Returns Magmar FQ2-T6E-65C
EX Team Rocket Returns Magmar FQ2-T6E-6GB
EX Team Rocket Returns Magmar Reverse FoilEX Legend Maker Magmar
EX Legend Maker Magmar Reverse FoilMysterious Treasures MagmarMysterious Treasures Magmar Reverse Foil
secret wonderssecret wonders reverse foil
supreme victors magmar
supreme victors magmar reverse foil
unleashed magmar
unleashed magmar reverse foilCall of Legends Magmar
Call of Legends Magmar Reverse Foil
Triumphant MagmarTriumphant Magmar Reverse Foil
Dragons exalted magmar
Dragons exalted magmar Reverse FoilFurious Fists Magmar
Furious Fists Magmar Reverse FoilGenerations MagmarGenerations Magmar Reverse FoilEvolutions MagmarEvolutions Magmar Reverse FoilUltra Prism MagmarUltra Prism Magmar Reverse Foil
Hidden Fates MagmarHidden Fates Magmar Reverse FoilUnified Minds Magmar
Unified minds magmar Reverse foilRebel clash magmar
Rebel clash magmar reverse foil
2019 McDonald’s Collection Magmar Holo

Magmar Non TCG
topsun blue back
topsun green back
pocket monster collection
pocket monster collection(custom version)
monsters collection red
monsters collection green
topps series 3 standard
topps series 3 silver foil
topps series 3 rainbow foil
topps chrome foil standard
topps chrome foil tekno
topps chrome foil spectra
topps chrome foil sparkle

Magmar Japanese(english equivalent if it has one)
expansion pack(base set)
expansion pack no rarity(base set)
mystery of the fossils(fossil)
squirtle deck 39
challenge from the darkness (rarity symbol)
challenge from the darkness Guren town gym version (no rarity)
gold, silver, to a new world(neo genesis)
expansion sheet 3 vending machine (glossy rarity symbol)(blackstar promo)
expansion sheet 3 quick starter gift set green deck(non glossy no rarity symbol)(blackstar promo)base expansion pack 1st edition 35/128(expedition base set)
torchic constructed starter deck 1/19(EX ruby & sapphire)
torchic constructed starter deck 1/19 1st edition (EX ruby & sapphire)
rocket gang strikes back 17/84(EX team rocket returns)
rocket gang strikes back 1st edition 17/84(EX team rocket returns)
mirage forest 17/86(EX legend maker)
mirage forest 1st edition 17/86(EX legend maker)
DPBP#149 secret of the lakes(mysterious treasures)
DPBP#149 secret of the lakes 1st edition(mysterious treasures)
bastiodon the defender
bastiodon the defender 1st edition
magmortar half deck(secret wonders)
magmortar half deck 1st edition (secret wonders)
064/dp-p 2007 trade event holo
beat of the frontier 17/100(supreme victors)
beat of the frontier 1st edition 17/100(supreme victors)
magmortar battle starter deck 3/9(unleashed)
clash at the summit 13/80(triumphant)
clash at the summit reverse holo 13/80(triumphant)
clash at the summit 1st edition 13/80(triumphant)
clash at the summit reverse holo 1st edition 13/80(triumphant)
dragon blade 7/50(dragons exalted)
dragon blade 1st edition 7/50(dragons exalted)
everyones exciting battle
rising fist 10/96(furious fists)
rising fist 1st edition 10/96(furious fists)
break starter pack 14/72(generations)
expansion pack 20th anniversary cp6 1st edition 20/87(evolutions)
ultra sun 15/66(ultra prism)
family pokemon card game 10/51(hidden fates)
gg end 2/54(unified minds)
rebellion crash 14/96(rebel clash)
vs karens magmar 1st edition 88/141

Carddass Bandai Featuring Magmar

No.101
No.102
No.105
No.107
No.108
No.109
No.111

43 Likes

Nice choice! I love all of gen 1 but have a soft spot for the fire types especially :blush:

Will you be going after cards that feature Magmar as well? E.g

Looking forward to see your Magmar collection grow!

3 Likes

Big Boober fan, eh?

Nice.

4 Likes

@scorrer11, blue flame base set 2, no rarity base, 1st edition shadowless, shadowless, 1st edition shadowless gray stamp to name a few

@pikachutcg, i am going to go start with magmar cards and then yeh i prob will go after ones that feature magmar if they all look as good as that one you have put up :blush:

@mtajaj32, yeh defo i do like to complete sets so this is a bit new to me, seems everytime i buy a card someone mentions another i need to collect lol

@kingboo64, slow down lol is there a no rarity english and japanese(just bought a japanese one for a bargain £8 because “no rarity” wasnt in the title no one noticed it :wink: ill add them all on to my list but the blue flame scares me how rare it actually is, claimed 1 card per every 10 booster boxes, that might be difficult to come accross but ill try.

thanks again everyone for your input and keep an eye out because the easier to find ones should be coming in fairly soon :blush: :blush: :blush:

4 Likes

Still disappointed that Magmar didn’t get a holo at some point during the WOTC era.

4 Likes

Only no rarity Japanese, blue flame will probably be the hardest but there are members on here who have one

Great collection, Magmar is one of my favs

1 Like

Alas no ex, one of my favs from ruby sapphire and probably my favorite magmar card

I’m all about this. I loved Magmar as a weird trio between Scyther, Electabuzz, and itself. Super excited to see what can grow from it!

2 Likes

@mjs61290, 100% agree with you blaines magmar holo would of been amazing!!!

@bobo3stu, yeh i agree, 9 out of 10 kids are outright charizard to follow the trend i think(although if someone is giving away a 1st edition base set charizard im not going to say no lol) but i must admit my 2nd fav is moltres but if im going to do that after im goin to need a much bigger bank balance lol

@kingboo64, no rarity sorted woop woop, maybe someone on here will hook me up with one they dont need :wink: whats buying stuff on here like, just use paypal g&s and hope all goes well? have you had all good experiences so far?

@papafrankgod, but is it your most favourite?!?! lol

@krill, yeh up until this collection ive been all wotc so finding some nice new graphics in the newer sets

@azulryu, OMG! i love those 3 what good taste u have lol but wats ur top fav?

Awesome cards! I love these niche collections :blush:

Yusss, another single pokemon colletor! I’ll add my mandatory love these comment here :grin:

I always wondered if a Magmar collector existed!

Magmar is 10/10, I have said this in many threads before but he was he lost against charizard because of plotarmor in the anime

@sacari, thanks :blush: which pokemon would you pick if you were to do the same thing?

@joponnes, its nice to just have to put one name into search engines, ebay etc lol plus allready completed unlimited wotc era :wink: lol

@chrisbalestra, here i am!! lol what pokemon would you pick for a single collection?

@pokemonunboxing, agreed! i only remember the main fight between magmar and charizard tbh n not rele sure wat plotarmor means :slightly_frowning_face: lol

1 Like

Of the 3, easily Scyther. Magmar has a special place in my memory though since it was technically the first card I traded for. I also loved the battled between Charizard and Magmar from the anime. Was a classic.

4 Likes

@scorrer11, I have done something similar for suicune, mew, charizard, and pikachu :blush:

Heh, same here :blush: i love full sets but since i’ve completed most of my projects on them it’s nice to concentrate on these kind of things for change :blush:

@azulryu, yeh i gotta say im a big fan of the rockets scyther card, the green, red and yellow really jumps out at u! yeh i know but hate the storyline means magmar has too lose :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: lol

@sacari, they are some big cards to be chasing bud! obviously better places to get ur cards than just ebay or a much bigger budget lol, i have recently discovered crystal and ex dragon frontiers charizards now exist lol they look amazing!

@joponnes, which set did you enjoy collecting the most? and which was the hardest to collect or still collecting? im really struggling on finishing my squirtle and bulbasaur decks currently :slightly_frowning_face: didnt even plan to start collecting them but someone recently convinced me into it and now i need the satisfaction of completion lol

2 Likes