A Long Collection Post About A 2002 Japanese RPG

So it’s about time that I did one of these. I have a few orders from eBay coming in and this was the first lot of it all. Was pretty happy with the pickup even if it was accidental.

I uploaded a video of it here: eBay finds and my current Pokemon collection - YouTube

Will post photos at a later date as I don’t have the cards with me currently.

I’m currently collecting Base Set English and Japanese, focusing on Japanese to begin with.

3 Likes

Might want to change the title, we actually have a member named ‘pokemanz’, could get confusing haha

Haha, didn’t realize, I was just acting like an out of touch dad just to connect with his kids.

5 Likes

New additions to the collection. eBay finds that are minty fresh - YouTube

3 Likes

Thought it was a NR Zard at first glance. Glad you got your Charizard back, Whatup!

If only lol, yeah its pretty cool. Definitely a collection goal completed. I know only have another 5 or so to complete now

Finally finished sorting through my latest additon: Local Finds That Are Kinda Awesome - YouTube
I have 0 idea why the video is portrait, sorry for the bars

1 Like

Here is a long video updating my collection with some stories from my trip to Japan. I’ll try to post pictures for those with less time on their hands. Pokemon Collection Update - YouTube

2 Likes

Nice video. It’s fun to watch where your passion comes through. Well done…

Top-notch no-rarity collection!

I’ve loved collecting and playing the game my entire life, the only reason I stopped playing was due to a lack of funds and deciding to take up a new game and grow that community. Now that I’m out of school and have my finances in check in terms of not having to worry about not having enough money to pay back loans, I’ve definitely taken the opportunity to work on a collection I’ve always wanted.

Thanks, it was huge hit to the wallet but it’s all worth it to see it all together like that.

1 Like

Newest addition for the collection. I bought it because I thought it would be a good meme. http://imgur.com/qHjfkJU

5 Likes

that makes me wanna start a PSA 1 collection

I know how you feel mate. The market is basically non existent at this stage though.

That’s what I love about Charizard, even a PSA 1 is :fire::fire:

1 Like

just wait until i show you my PSA 1 caterpie @boss

1 Like

I would legit pay good money for a psa 1 caterpie. That’s a huge meme ass Pokemon.

2 Likes

So I have been inactive for over 12 months as I started collecting more anime related items. I decided to sink my teeth into the world of an old 2002 PS2 Japanese RPG game franchise. Dot Hack(.hack).

Since then I have become the self proclaimed S-M-Pratte of the dot hack community lol.

Here is a break down on some common and rare items in my collection.

Starting off with my dvd and blu-rays:
Basically there was a lot of dvds and special editions produced for the original anime Sign. The regular US release were refereed to as platinum editions for whatever reason

Along with these releases you had the Limited Edition Releases which were almost the exact same product with the exception of having a slip case and some of the releases either had a soundtrack disc or with the 5th Volume a display box for all of your new cds.

The big hexagon box is the special edition release for Volume one, 15,000 of these were produced and contained a tonne of different items like postcards, plush and the demo dics for .hack//Infection

After the wave of product that was .hack//Sign all other dvd and Blu-ray releases didn’t have as extravagant releases with the exception of a few Japanese exclusives.

Moving onto the manga and Light Novels there really isn’t anything special. Just a good series to read if your into the lore like I am.

Now the game section of my collection. Most of my titles are Japanese because they are only a few dollars a piece and they had cool display boxes.

Not much to say except that there are a few Japanese exclusive release and games.
.hack//Link was never translated into English

.hack//G.U. Recode Premium Edition as far as I’m Aware only had a Japanese Release

I do dabble in the sealed US releases as they have value tied to them. These are currently the two most expensive games sealed.

There is also a TCG that I only just started collecting:

Moving onto my favourite pieces of the collection and ones that aren’t openly on display due to space issues. I’ll start off with the anime side with my Official .hack//Sign animation cell reproduction. This particular one is from one of the first scenes in the anime. CC2 decided to release a series of reproduction cells as a collectors item. I know one other collector who owns one and I have seen them for sale on Japanese market places at high prices.

Moving on I have a few Genga, these are basically sketches that are then used as reference for the final cell. These aren’t reproductions and come out of the animation studio that produced .hack//Sign and .hack//Legend of the Twilight

Now for the rarest items in my collection. My director scripts for .hack//Infection, .hack//Mutation, .hack//Outbreak and .hack//Quarantine. Or easier referred to as I.M.O.Q, these are the four games that made the franchise and I’m lucky enough have all the notes and a wealth of information that rarely anyone gets to see like pay rates for voice actors and time schedules. There are even company emails in regards to confirmation on lines and translations.

Thanks for reading this monster post but hopefully you enjoyed it.
Your Friendly Discord Weeb

1 Like

I fixed the image links