A $500,000.00 Pokémon Gift 100% To Charity

Just when I thought I’d seen it all, Chris Camillo comes along. There’s a story that leads up to it but the bottom line is this past Friday in Frisco,TX Chris walked up to me, gave me a hug, thanked me for my part in supporting autistic children and adults, then placed a 1st Ed Base box in my hand (yes, the legit one:) . First time we ever met in person. Then after a bit he left, boarded a plane with his family, and flew off on a family vacation.
No contract or anything signed. He simply had my promise that all the proceeds, every nickel, would go to charity.
After some tense moments with TSA in the plane terminal, we were on our way to Lubbock then on to Vegas.

Sometimes we all get caught up in the negatives, including myself, when something happens that reinforces our faith that this is the greatest hobby ever. This is one of those things.

A favor? Could you all post a thank you message here to Chris and Dumb Money for such an unprecedented act of generosity? In a few days I’ll link him here to read our comments.

Please, only messages of thanks or I’ll make you sit through Scott’s entire YouTube library with the sound off👀

81 Likes

faith in humanity…

cant wait (:

thank you all that are involved, and good on you Chris & Dumb Money!

2 Likes

Hello Chris,

With heartfelt thanks for your generous donation to autistic children. Also for giving back to the Pokemon community where greed seems to have taken over from the love of the hobby. You are a man of great integrity and your parents would be very proud of you.

Sincerely,

Keith

2 Likes

That is truly amazing. Thank you for the generosity! These are the kinds of actions that restore my faith!

2 Likes

woah! money thrown around out here again!

nice :blush:

1 Like

Wow, fantastic! All the trouble they had to go through and now simply donating it for a charitable cause, pure class act!

5 Likes

That’s extremely generous :sweat:

2 Likes

ty

giving money is smart money

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks guys! Looking forward to this and hopefully can donate in a smaller way to this event! :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

That is incredible! Great to see acts like this in the Pokemon community.

1 Like

Incredibly generous of them glad to see the box will be used for such a great cause.

Also I hope Gary gets his Instagram back soon.

1 Like

Thank you Chris.
I will be sure to support DumbMoney is the future.

2 Likes

@garyis2000, this is truly amazing. Thank you, Chris and Gary! Would love to know more about how this money will be used towards supporting autistic children and adults:)

I’m awful with words, but that was such a kind thing to do. Thanks Chris!

1 Like

Sure. Thanks for asking:)
Our 2020 fundraisers went to support the below. All were awarded a minimum of 20,000.00.

2 Likes

Looking forward to watching the break! =]

2 Likes

Chris,

Thank you for the incredible act of generosity and selflessness. Looking forward to the opening and donating in your name :blush:

2 Likes

Incredibly generous! The last box break charity event was one of my favorite moments of 2020; I’m definitely looking forward to @garyis2000, smashing the fundraising milestone from last year!

2 Likes

ah, nice seeing my ol’ box continue to make even more history

Amazing story, can’t wait for the break!

4 Likes