7 baseball cards found in run down house, worth $1,000,000

Haha lol baseball :blush:

Another way of hitting the jackpot.

Updating. 4 sold at auction for expected $2.5 million. Other 3 are for auction and all three can be had for $2 million total O.B.O.

www.forbes.com/sites/davidseideman/2016/03/24/the-rest-of-the-3-million-ty-cobb-baseball-cards-found-in-torn-paper-bag-now-on-ebay/2/#3c61739277d3

www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=mintstateinc&hash=item4d412f46ff%3Ag%3APp0AAOSw2ENW6~WC&item=331806099199&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xt+cobb.TRS0&_nkw=t+cobb&_sacat=0

5 Likes

Gotta love it:

ā€œPSA received the seven Cobbs on February 26 and authenticated them later that day.ā€

This family didnā€™t have to wait too long before finding out the authenticity/grade of their cards. Why werenā€™t any of my orders ever processed this fast? Haha

1 Like

@oldskoolpokemon looking at their services $700 per card will give you same day. Iā€™ll stick with $7 per card for 50 days myself, haha.

I bet the grading of these was on the house though anyways as it is great publicity for grading companies to get the rarest of the rare in their slabs. It is worth a lot of money for these 7 Cobbs to be in PSA cases and not BGS. I know PCGS and NGC fight over getting popular old examples slabbed in the coin world.

1 Like

I know you were just joking, but to clarify for others who may not know this, the cards were submitted under the $700 service, which you find out the results the day of submission. All cards of this rarity and value are required under the ā€œPremiumā€ service level.

The major benefit for pokemon collectors is that PSA does not yet know the value of most cards. Most sports cards, especially vintage that have a defined fair market value are required under higher level submissions.

1 Like

All of a sudden searching through junk in old house doesnā€™t sound a bad idea.

2 Likes

Just wanted to add to this a little: I got to see one of these in person today.

Incredibly cool to be able to hold history like this.

5 Likes

how did you not run out the door with it?

2 Likes

He thought he saw @pokemonsyndicate there and was scared for his life.

1 Like

Great update. Love that card.

On a (kinda) related noteā€¦the White House hired a new attorney yesterday. His name! Ty Cobb, a descendant of THE Ty Cobb on the card.

3 Likes