$5 USD Dream Redux - Sept 28 to Oct 7th

Does shipping have to be included? If we want to arrive by Oct 7 I don’t want to risk a PWE and shipping can be $3.99 etc for singles. Or does it just have to be ordered by the 7th and can arrive whenever?

Look at this funky little guy :slight_smile:

(Confirmation below)

4 Likes

The card doesn’t actually have to arrive by the end date of the contest! You just have to buy the card and post a purchase confirmation by then for people to vote on.

3 Likes

cracks fingers

One of the many great things about collecting Oddish is that very few people collect it, so the prices are relatively low.

I couldn’t find enough NM Oddish cards from a single seller on TCGPlayer, so I added some other cards that I enjoy (I also collect Espurr, and everything from the illustrator sowsow)

Total cards: 22
Total cost: $4.83

To add to the fun, all of the cards I purchased are cards that I still want to get in a CGC 9 with subgrades, and I will be submitting the best cards to CGC to help complete my collection :innocent:

The 23rd card (fourth Skorupi) was to qualify for free shipping and doesn’t count toward this contest

Proof (edited to remove personal information):

14 Likes

I see youve bought a whole garden :smiley:

5 Likes

I still want it in English once it comes out, since I collect English FA Supporters and Character Rares. But I can’t believe how cheap this amazing Japanese Milotic CHR is. It was cheap enough to also include the Gardevoir, since we’re allowed to exclude TAX/VAT:

(If I misunderstood the tax part, only count the Milotic. :person_shrugging: )

xyz

Greetz,
Quuador

11 Likes

It’s damaged, but whatever. It’s not a part of my main collection, and I can put it with some of my other damaged cards on my desk for display I guess. Decided I’d try to do that “every ribbon” challenge in the games. And I think I’ll do it with Scizor. I’ve already got some of the e reader cards, so I’d have to finish that collection first. Also, I love the Celebi movie. Even have it on my psp.

3 Likes

Maintenance 1st stock

NM 1st Edition Base!

6 Likes

Picked up 2 JP Amazing Rares from SSV set. The textures on these look amazing and I think they’re unique esp. because it’s a seemingly random rarity that never got included in more than 1-2 sets.

8 Likes

Unique art from one of the best non-tcg products out there! Plus a great opportunity to start Christmas shopping for my wife. This year we doing advent boxes, so this will be a great little gift to put into one of them for her slowpoke collection!

5 Likes

I always really liked the XY secret rare trainers and feel like they’re pretty underrated. You can get almost all of them under 10 bucks near mint.

6 Likes

Coherent theme :white_check_mark:
Good art :white_check_mark:
Popular pokemon :white_check_mark:
Japanese promo :white_check_mark:
Inexpensive :white_check_mark:

What more do you want?

I guess these are two separate entries. Might be able to find all 4 under $5 off ebay but I cba to work that hard

I bought 3x sets of this next one so the total is over $5 but the individual set cost is <$5

8 Likes

Roselia from EX Dragon. This is my favorite Roselia artwork, and luckily it is incredibly cheap. I can’t imagine spending hundreds of dollars on an EX Dragon pack and pulling a $3 holo :smiling_face_with_tear:.

Roselia Holo

Card Artwork:

14 Likes

Just discovered this card a couple days ago, amazing art + great holo pattern

6 Likes

swalot 2

Me absolutely swallowing this competition, def a top tier ex series reverse if you ask me :))

7 Likes

A failed Saitou signing.

Actually, this wasn’t purchased within the window. My bad!

5 Likes

Decided to approach it from a more personal angle for some flavor. I thought: what are the most interesting sealed promos I can get for less than $5? (Gold Star Greninja not allowed)

I ended up ordering two:

1. A set of three XY promos from a “Knock Out” prepack. Whether or not you went to call them promos is up in the air but the unique packaging is enough for me!

2. This sweet Naganadel from SM era.

6 Likes

Always liked the card and this gave me an excuse to buy a cheap copy for my binder (even though I was gonna do it anyways).
$5.75 CAD = $4.21 USD as of the October 3rd exchange rate.

5 Likes

Amazing entries everyone!! I love seeing all the cool cards people are finding for what is admittedly a challenging price limit. But it’s not called a challenge for nothing!

I’m also happy to announce that in addition to the Four Star Token, the winner will also receive a specially-made forum badge (thanks to @pfm and his photoshop skills). So get those entries in and be sure to vote on your favorites by liking the post! You can vote on multiple entries!

5 Likes

Hi there :slight_smile: ,

recently I started seeing what was interesting to begin collecting from the e-series period and I discovered something singular. There is a very pretty art of Bulbasaur :frog: :cherry_blossom: done in watercolor(?). Searching more infos on pkmncards, I’ve found out that the author, Sachi Matoba, has done only one other card and with the same art style. It was Cyndaquil :otter::fire:, again a starter! What a surprise!

I’m trying to do some research thing around it but, in the mean time, I caught ‘em as a “small beginning” for my e-series collection.

Here you can see the cards and the purchase from Cardmarket.

image image

The total is (1.5+1.25)+1.85 of shopping = 4.6€ that right non it converts for 4.59$.

PS. As a friendly Italian Team Rocket Grunts next step would be to acquire them in Italian obviously :smiling_imp:

Ciao ciao, Team Rocket pronto a partire alla velocità della Luce! :rocket:

9 Likes