420 Blazeit Charizard (xxCHANCExx's Collection)

Hey, my name is Zach. I’ve been collecting and playing the Pokemon TCG since I was a little kid, like many of you (27 years old now). Had a pretty well kept collection as a kid, found them later in life, and fell in love all over again. Much of what I’m sharing is from my childhood collection, with some additions I’ve accrued as an adult with moniez. I’ve compiled all the photos in an album you can scroll through, but I have some commentary on a select few photos that I’ll add below if you are at all interested.

Full album
flic.kr/s/aHsmMXEZhB

Random facts:

First collection goal as an adult was to get the big 3 1st edition Base Set cards. I bought the Charizard you see here because it had 420 in the cert. Yes I’m that guy, I had to have it.
flic.kr/p/2iWK6Jy

All my EX cards I opened up as a kid. Will grade them eventually.
flic.kr/p/2iWK6cb

These were also from my childhood collection. They looked good so I graded them. Of course the Charizard comes back a 6. Charizard conspiracy, amirite?
flic.kr/p/2iWPoir

Treecko gold star I had sitting in a tin box since I opened it up when the set came out. Had no idea what this was back then. Surprised it came back a 9.
flic.kr/p/2iWQ9Mr

English graded Charizards. Charizard EX was also in my childhood collection.
flic.kr/p/2iWMQAK

Mew and Charizard are my top favorite Pokemon. Here are some of my Mews. Getting the POP series 5 Mew in the mail soon.
flic.kr/p/2iWK75o

Also just happened to have a complete set of EX dragon when going back through my cards. So I put all of that in a binder. Have almost all of the nonholos in reverse holo, but with the TV Reporter being so hard to get, I don’t think I will bother completing the reverse holos. (Multiple photos, scroll through to see full set)
flic.kr/p/2iWPozi

Full set of Aquapolis & Skyridge crystals.
flic.kr/p/2jXYduc

There’s more if you look at the full album, but those are my favorites. I have tons more not shown in photos but these are the most interesting to me. Hoping to complete the e series sets, I have almost all the Crystal cards and like 1/4 of the holos. That will be a journey probably. Otherwise, just collecting cards I think look cool. Funny, I hated the E series cards growing up, but I find them the most beautiful in adulthood. If only I opened up more as a kid *le sigh*. If I see a Charizard with 420 in the cert, I might be temped to buy that too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for looking!

14 Likes

Just got my pop series 5 Mew! Its the foil with the corrected back, which I haven’t seen many so I was excited to add it to the Mew collection. These are my 3 favorite mew cards I think.
flic.kr/p/2iYkJiw

6 Likes

Beautiful collection @xxchancexx! I love how you’ve kept all the ex cards from your childhood. Hopefully those will all grade highly for you some day!

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ve had good luck so far except for the Shadowless Charizard. We will see!

EX Dragon is a lovely set. I remember seeing those in stores back in the day with its iconic Midori Harada artwork. Nice collection!

2 Likes

Very nice collection, you´re really blazin it!

2 Likes

Absolutely love your collection, especially the mews! I am excited to see your collection continue to grow!

1 Like

Finally finished my crystal set in PSA 8-9. Last one to get was Celebi. Thought I was going to be priced out. Was waiting for a PSA 8 to go up for a reasonable price and finally got one.

flic.kr/p/2jXYduc

2 Likes