Kazy's Charmander Collection!

I started this back in 2000 or so, back when there were only around 10 to collect. Was a big project when I started it again back in June!

So far:
72/72 English (Full Master Set, minus any printing error variations and I believe some serial codes on the bottom of one of the sets)
40/~41(+??) Japanese (Mainly first editions where available, still have to figure out which non-1st I’m missing. Plus there’s the Snap card that will remain forever elusive)
1 Italian 1st Ed Base(Legacy holdover, had this in my collection when I was a kid)
French 2019 McDonald’s set
Various non-TCG

Current Watchlist: 2018 French McDonald’s French Reverse Confetti HoloNon 1st-Ed JP Expedition set. These were apparently only given away at in-person events in Japan.
In the mail: N/A

Now without further ado, 135 Charmander cards:

Page 1
full size
Page 1, Base Set & RH/Holo Reprints

Page 2
Full size
Page 2, Base Set Versions Continued (Inc. BS2), Team Rocket, & Quick Starter Set & Vending (And bonus Carddass)

Page 3
Full Size
Page 3, Base Set Versions Continued (Legendary Collection), Topps, Gym Leader set

Page 4
Full size
Page 4, Expedition Set & Aquapolis Weakness Guard

Page 5
Full size
Page 5, 2002 McDonald’s, EX Dragon (w/ City Championship Variant), Fire Red/Leaf Green

Page 6
Full size
Page 6, Fire Red/Leaf Green Cont., Ex Delta Species “Charmander” Dittos

Page 7
Full size
Page 7, Dittos Cont., Topps, Ex Crystal Guardians & Pop Series Delta Species, Blockbuster card

Page 8
Full size
Page 8, Crystal Guardians, EX Power Keepers, Secret Wonders

Page 9
Full size
Page 9, Pokémon Center 10th Anniversary, Topps, Scratch-Off, Arceus, & Boundaries Crossed

Page 10
Full size
Page 10, Legendary Treasures (w/ a rare JP reverse holo & the Build-a-bear promo), JP 2012 Gym Challenge promo, XY Generations, & what I believe is a Pokémon Center Babanuki card.

Page 11
Full size
Page 11, XY Evolutions, & the many, many Burning Shadows variants, including a JP Pokémon Center promo. I don’t know why they made so many of this particular card.

Page 12
Full size
Page 12, Burning Shadows continued, including Battle Academy playset and McDonald’s 2021 promo, and Dragon Majesty with the French 2019 holo promo

Page 13
Full size
Page 13, SM Promos (Including Sidekick & General Mills promo, not sure how the JP card was distributed), another Carddass, and S&M Team Up.

Page 14
Full size
Page 14, Detective Pikachu, JP Blue’s Tactics, Hidden Fates & Hidden Fates SV, and the Venusaur-back Poker card.

Page 15
Full size
Page 15, Vivid Voltage, Costco Promo, Battle Styles Promo, and the Televi-kun promo cards.

I was a bit flexible on order in order to keep all variants on the same page where possible, which is also why the non-TCG cards are thrown in there randomly (to fill space leftover by this). I believe this accounts for all of them (minus the $80,000 one of course, if anyone wants to donate one, I am happy to take it. :wink: )

33 Likes

I love single themed Pokemon collections they look great all together. Congrats!

1 Like

Bonus image of the receipt of the first Charmander card I ordered online! (check the date on that invoice)

11 Likes

Brilliant collection! :grin:
I’ve always loved that Charmander Ditto

Phenomenal species collection!

Enough to make a grown man cry :cry::cry::cry:. One day I will be like you!

Congratulations @kazy, this is an amazing collection.

Which card did you find the most challenging to find?

Considering any other languages?

Most challenging I’d say would be getting the Legendary Collection RH in decent condition for a decent price. Almost every copy had a crease. Mine has one too, but it is very very small. The last one I ended up getting is the Japanese Expedition 010/029 card but that was just because it got returned to sender for some reason and they had to re-ship it.

Not really considering other languages at the moment, would probably take this collection to 100% first.

1 Like

The no rarity charmander first is awesome! If you’re doing trainers, Weakness Guard from Aquapolis is a neat card

Awesome Charmander collection, thanks for sharing it!

Nice one! Any plans to add unlimited japanese or more non tcg? :blush:

Nice collection you have

Great collection! Congrats

Maybe unlimited Japanese, need to sit down and make a list of the ones I’m missing. Non-TCG are mainly to fill in spaces where a page break would interrupt a set, but if there’s one I like I’d pick it up.

Just got these in today! One on the right is RH, the RH on these don’t photograph well it seems.

4 Likes

Looking really nice, always good seeing a Charmander collection!
Good luck with the unlimited Japanese versions, some of those are difficult to find!

Thanks to @piplupped, I’ve gotten another card I was missing! Turns out the General Mills and Sidekick Collection promos, while having the same art, have different holofoil patterns!

Picked up this General Mills promo (which apparently has a “confetti” pattern, whereas the Sidekick Collection has the more common Cosmos pattern) and now I’m all set again! Also updated the main post with the updated pages with Weakness Guard & this promo.

5 Likes

New addition!

11 Likes

New Promo alert! This one is from the Costco Kanto Friends Mini Tin pack, while it’s the Vivid Voltage art, it has a Cosmos pattern on the reverse holo. Very subtle unless you get the light just right. Also picked it up to have a sealed Charmander tin.

10 Likes

That’s pretty cool! There aren’t too many Cosmos Reverse Holo cards.

Congrats on the Charmander addition. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Thanks! There’s a Pikachu in it as well with a Cosmos RH pattern as well if you don’t already know!

1 Like