25th Anniversary Creatures Corporate History Deck Guide

This is perhaps the longest article I’ve ever written for my site, but I’ve finished completed what is probably the most comprehensive guide to the 25th Anniversary Creatures Corporate History Deck out there!

It features full translations (that are a little better than CGC’s automated ones) formatted onto the card images themselves, as well as history and additional context for each part of the deck, including the packaging

Read the full article here: pokumon.com/pokemon-card-game-25th-anniversary-creatures-corporate-history-deck/

Some highlights

• There are likely anywhere from 250-400 of these decks in existence, determined by the number of illustrators and Creatures Inc. employees.
  • The deck box’s UPC code has a special reference in it!
  • The deck came with a special alternate win condition
  • The card sleeves included with the deck are exclusive to it. They feature the old back design, but are holographic. The regularly available versions are non-holo
  • Each of the card backs features a look into Creature’s long history of making very quirky games. To be honest, most of them were not that commercially successful. This for instance…
  • The last 3 bonus cards of the deck feature a special interview, and the last card, History Gate, has a QR code to the full-length interview here: www.creatures.co.jp/history_special_interview/

Lastly, I want to take this chance to show off my most recent collection additions–the 3 cards that form the special interview mini set! Only the History Gate is graded an 8, so it shall know be known as my “History G8” :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you to everyone who helped me with research and scans for this article. Please read through and let me know if you spot anything amiss!

18 Likes

Cool read! Thanks for sharing!

Why is it so hard to get PSA 10 on these cards? So far, I have been seeing PSA 7-9 and zero 10.

Is not that hard :

www.psacard.com/pop/tcg-cards/2021/pokemon-card-game-25th-anniversary-creatures-deck-corporate-history-1995-2021/206589

48 psa 10 out of 64. 75% gem mint rate.

2 Likes

Much of the cards printed are slightly off-centered due to the small print run. The cards themselves are also not true Pokemon TCG card stock and are a little thinner to the touch.

If you check PSA’s pop report there are indeed a few PSA 10s:

www.psacard.com/pop/tcg-cards/2021/pokemon-card-game-25th-anniversary-creatures-deck-corporate-history-1995-2021/206589

Additionally at least 2 decks are graded with CGC so they wouldn’t show up here.

1 Like

Love this article, good work!