2015 pokemon center poncho frame

seeking more info and maybe a valuation on this.

Myself and a few others believe that it it’s a frame that was made to order for the Japanese Pokémon centers to advertise the 2015- poncho sets, the frame holds 18 cards which from memory perfectly lined up with the total poncho cards released and the flags around the border match those bordering postcards and other promotional material from the poncho era of Pokémon center items. Haven’t seen those flags used since to best of my knowledge.

If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.

1 Like

I believe this is a frame used to hold a set of XY era full art cards distributed to a small number of lottery winners. I will try to dig up a picture, but I haven’t been able to find one as of yet. If I recall correctly, the cards in the set were an assortment of some of the most “iconic” XY era full art cards, but the ones distributed in this set were indistinguishable from the set-based ones (same numbering etc), so the frame was the only unique thing about it.

No idea on pricing.

3 Likes

i have seen the ex cards inside it when it was the lottery prize, from what we’ve found we believe it was a display frame advertising the poncho promos due to the flags on the border matching those found on promo material, and once the promo ended they filled it with some XY cards and raffled it off. hoping someone in here might be able to confirm or outright deny that theory that we have

I’ve only seen a frame like this with XY full arts in it, not with the Poncho Pikachus. Just from a logical standpoint, I don’t see why they would make a 18-spot frame with a 2015 copyright for advertising Poncho Pikachus when the releases for those spanned 2015-2017.

Do you have anything else besides the flags that points to this being designed for the ponchos?

besides the flags matching those that only appeared on other poncho pikachu associated items and there being 18 main poncho promos including the mario/luigi promos for an 18 spot frame and there being so little info and imagery of the frame itself plus dates lining up i have nothing else to back up my theory, which is why i turned to here where arguably the mist knowledge diverse and some of the smartest people in the hobby conglomerate.

I have a strange memory of this as well and would love to see a picture of anyone finds it

1 Like

id love to know what your memory is, its so hard to find ANYTHING on this but its beautiful in hand and im trying to find solid info so i can safely advertise and value it

No one knows anything?