Anyone in Tokyo who could fetch me a SNAP or AA Pikachu? ;)

I’ve heard this is in the Tokyo DX Pokémon Center. Luckily I got all of them already, except for the SNAP Photo Contest and the four Art Academy Pikachus. :wink:

Almost all Japanese released Pikachus in one place. I’m wondering though, what is that WB stamped English Pikachu doing there at the first row, second column. Every single card displayed is released in Japan. I see some foreign cards, like the French Gotta Magazine Pikachu, English Glossy Promo Pikachu, English CD Promo Base Pikachu, Pikachu World Collection 2010 set, etc. but they are still all released in Japan. All, except for this English WB Promo Pikachu. Is this a variation I don’t know about (Glossy or printed on thinner Japanese paper perhaps)? Was just wondering after seeing this picture. You know me, always trying to discover new Pikachu variations. :wink:

Very cool though. Wish I could be there to see it in person. And really jealous about that SNAP Photo Contest and Pikachu Emotions Art Academy cards (and the other three Japanese Art Academy cards I’m missing as well). Also, since they make an additional copy of every card ever made it seems, this also means there are 21 SNAP Photo Contest 1999 Pikachus instead of 20? 20 for the winner, and 1 for the Pokémon company themselves? Not that it matters…

PS: For anyone wondering: some missing Japanese Pikachus in this image are 1st/UED differences, EX stamp differences, Sample cards and errors, and all newer Jumbos. :sunglasses:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

I’m sure if you paid pokesynd enough money he would do a little smash and grab

8 Likes

@quuador get a display like that and display all your pikachu to the world!

2 Likes

If my wall wasn’t already full I might have considered it. :wink: Although I will need a bigger display than that with my 1,000 Pikachus. :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I would be pretty worried with all the empty spaces =)

1 Like

What makes you think there’s only 21? Aren’t cards printed on sheets? :wink:

Makes you wonder where a certain Japanese seller, someone who allegedly was involved in the creation of the card game, acquired a mint set of snap cards…

6 Likes

Japanese sheets are smaller as far as I know. They have only like 30 cards on it. So both options possible. They could have printed a full sheet and kept the spares, but also could have just printed 20 and have the rest of the sheet empty.
Third option is they did a reprint for just this wall and the card has no backside or something.

Damn, I was in Tokyo last week. Didn’t know this place was opening up. I would have loved to see those SNAP cards in person. Argh.

Ikr… But it’s to be expected with Pikachu. Besides, these pictures are already missing eight Japanese (mostly cosplay) Pikachus that were released this month (or will be released soon).

I think they should worry about getting a bigger frame in the foreseeable future if they keep this pace up. :laughing:

Greetz,
Quuador

Do they have a dehumidifier inside?

Probably explains the dehumidifier looking thing in the middle (in the first image)

Makes you wonder if they bought the cards from winners (snap and art) or if they had more lying around / printed new ones

I would chew my arm off for those art academy cards haha. xD

They probably just printed those cards off again.
Pkonno strikes again :wink:

1 Like

Sorry to bump this thread. I came across this old post of mine by accident when searching for another post, and saw I mentioned the following:

Since @nine recently posted about this WB stamped Mewtwo variation, I really have the feeling the WB Pikachu must have been released in Japan as well somehow, and might be available on Japanese printing cardboard, just like the WB stamp Mewtwo and Pikachu CD Promo.

So if anyone, mostly people from Japan and @nine in particular, know anything about an English #4 WB Pikachu promo released in Japan, let me know.

PS: I just bought the only English WB Pikachu I could find from Yahoo Japan, so when it arrives I will see if it’s printed on a Japanese stock, or it’s just a US released one being sold on YJ (which I’m kinda expecting, since I also came across a German WB Pikachu on YJ, which was pretty unexpected… :neutral_face: ).

Also, I’ve taken a closer look at every card in the picture again. It seems the first four cards (left of the SNAP Pikachu) are the only non-English ones (ignoring the Pikachu World Collection 2010 at the 4th/5th rows), being the Shadowless Yellow Cheeks Base Pikachu from the CD Promo set, the WotC #4 WB stamped Pikachu I’m talking about above, the French WotC #4 Glossy Pikachu that was part of the Japanese Gotta Magazine, and -for whatever reason… :confused: - the Portuguese Pikachu World Collection 2000 WotC #1 Promo. I have the feeling this last one might have been an accident, and it was supposed to be the English ‘grey stamp’ WotC #1 Pikachu promo, which was released in Japan. I only see that artwork twice in the frame though, even though there are two Japanese versions, a Glossy and non-Glossy, so it seems the frame is missing at least one card, unless I’m looking past it… (EDIT: it’s also missing one of the green-background WB artwork Pikachus, since I only see one instead of two).
It’s actually kinda cool to think I could make a similar frame, apart from the SNAP Pikachu and four of the Art Academy Pikachus. :wink: Mine would be bigger though, since I have 13 more languages to add, haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Does anyone have any better pictures? I tried to google, but I could only find one additional picture, and it isn’t that much better in quality…

www.insidejapantours.com/blog/2018/05/25/pokemon-center-dx-tokyo/

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Is it still there though? I don’t remember seeing it when I was in Japan :S