2002 Sunset Mew McDonalds promo 033/P

Can anyone please shed some background information on this card and its value. I recently found this in a lot I bought and went to look up the value and there were none on ebay. I did a little research but couldn’t find much. I put it on ebay yesterday for a very high price just fishing for offers and within a few hours I had an offer for $120 and one for $160. It is in mint condition. Please let me know what you guys think it an appropriate value also if I were to have it graded and receive a 9 or 10 how much would it affect the value and why this card is so rare and expensive in the first place. Thanks!

@87iceman3711 – The 2002 McDonald’s Promotional Card Campaign was first launched on January 26, 2002. The first wave included five cards:

:black_small_square: Pikachu (021/P)
:black_small_square: Wooper (022/P)
:black_small_square: Tyrogue (023/P)
:black_small_square: Zapdos (024/P)
:black_small_square: Umbreon (025/P)

The second wave was launched in May 2002, which included an additional nine cards:

:black_small_square: Hoppip (029/P)
:black_small_square: Growlithe (030/P)
:black_small_square: Lanturn (031/P)
:black_small_square: Pichu (032/P)
:black_small_square: Mew (033/P)
:black_small_square: Donphan (034/P)
:black_small_square: Togepi (035/P)
:black_small_square: Sneasel (036/P)
:black_small_square: Scizor (037/P)

The distribution method was identical among every McDonald’s Promotional Card Campaign, including future campaigns henceforth – with the purchase of every Happy Meal® set, you would receive one (1) random card. Due to this arbitrary procedure, it is possible that certain cards were given out more commonly than others. This may have also affected the second wave by further decreasing the chances with the [1 in 9] probability. The 2002 McDonald’s Promotional Card Campaign was only available for a few weeks (per wave).

“Sunset” Mew [033/P, McDonald’s 2002 Promotional Campaign] is one of the more exclusive cards of the McDonald’s Promotional Releases in 2002 – even rarer than Umbreon. Its existence within the auction market is rare, and its presence in online shops is doubly so. It has a habitual occurrence of being listed on eBay for $300 [BIN], which is not its actual value. In my opinion, this card is worth ≈ $60 - $100.

I obtained mine from France for $40, which is practically a miracle because we can acknowledge how certain sellers from that country love to exaggerate card value. I have observed roughly four copies obtained between $50 – $80, and two copies between $100 – $120. Quite honestly, I would accept that offer for $160. If you believe you can achieve a higher price, go for it.

I do not possess particular knowledge nor estimation as to its value as a PSA card. It may be increased slightly, but in my opinion it may be worth approximately $200. It may be worth a bit more, considering it might be the only graded version currently available to the public. That decision lies with you :wink:

Having the only graded copy does sound very enticing. Thank you very much for the great information

@87iceman3711 – You’re welcome :blush: