1st Efour Pokemon Snap Photo Contest - WINNERS REVEALED

Final Ranking
1st place goes to: @papafrankgod (Magikarp and Gyarados)
2nd place goes to: @mykel (“Bulba buddies”)
3rd place goes to: @fiery (Pikachu and Articuno)

Scroll down to see the winning entries
Ranking Calculation
3 points were given to each 1st place vote, 2 points were given to each 2nd place vote and 1 point was given to each 3rd place vote. The sum of points were taken as the total score. Ranking were determined based on 1st, 2nd and 3rd highest total scores.

Statistics
21 submissions88 votes
Every photo received multiple votes
1st place photo won by the largest margin
Thank you
Thank you to all who participated! Despite the technical difficulties with using the emulator, we pushed through and made some great shots. Thank you to @melchior who put in a huge effort organizing the photos, making the frames (including the trophy frames) and double checking my calculation of the winners. Thank you to @smpratte, and the forum mods who made this possible.

Questions/Future Contests
What criteria did you use to chose a winner?
Would you do it again?
What went well? What could be improved?

Winners****1st place:
2nd place:

3rd place:

Voting form (now closed):****Voting Ballot (No voting for your own entry, please pick 3 other entries)
All Entries:****

44 Likes

Wow… these are awesome. Well done everyone! Love this!

8 Likes

@charizandrew, I saw someone ask, but never saw it answered I don’t believe… Best to put it in black and white I’d think.

Any restrictions on voting for ones self? In a perfect world people would be non biased a vote for their three favorite, regardless of if their own photo was in it, but in reality many will truly be more attached to their own photo anyways. I guess it’s just best everyone knows the policy on it.

2 Likes

@gottaketchumall , I guess I don’t have a strong opinion one way or the other, so I’d be okay with a person voting for their own if they truly believe it’s in the top 3.

If there was a monetary prize, I’d be a little more worried that people would vote for their own as a means to get the prize. I don’t see that incentive here.

If you have an argument against voting for one self then I’m open to hearing it.

@charizandrew realistically it probably wouldn’t end up making a difference except if someone who had a top 3 photo decides not to vote for themselves for some moral reason and someone who otherwise would be 4th edges them out due to their own 3 points from voting themselves first. But again is that really a problem if they find their own photo the best? Which again is likely due to their reasonable bias.

1 Like

Very good job to all who participated, I love a bunch of them and it was difficult deciding my picks!

1 Like

Wow these look great! Sorry I haven’t kept up with this contest, been behind with crazy amount of orders.

5 Likes

@gottaketchumall, that’s a good point. I’ll add no voting for one self.

@smpratte , I think the google form will work best. I can give you or any mods access if you need.

1 Like

Awesome snaps everyone!

1 Like

It’s initiatives like these that truly demonstrate what an awesome community we have here! Genuinely living and breathing Pokémon. My nostalgia sense is truly tingling with this one! Now to cast my votes, difficult to say the least! Thanks for all the submissions everyone, they’re lovely!

8 Likes

I didn’t take part because I don’t have my 64 with me here, but I’m glad everyone had fun with this! Great idea!

1 Like

this is awesome

1 Like

I voted, there are some really awesome photos here!

1 Like

Ahhhh the long wait is over, good luck everyone great pics!

1 Like

great stuff just voted.

1 Like

Some really great shots here. And some of them really hard to get lined up so perfectly.

1 Like

Fantastic entries! Excited to see the results!

1 Like

Great snaps! It’s unfortunate I can’t fill in four answers, since I had a hard time choosing between 3rd and 4th place. :wink:

Thanks again for doing this contest @charizandrew. First time I played Pokémon SNAP, and it’s also cool to see all these amazing results.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

i’m sure everyone has a new found respect for the snap promos after this haha, great shots everyone

3 Likes