1st Edition Base Set Release

Am I correct in assuming that the 1st Edition print run was only distributed in the USA?
Also kinda related anyone have any pictures of the Base Set being displayed in stores would love to see some in situ type photos!

1 Like

Not even in the whole usa, @garyis2000 knows alot about this stuff but the reason shadowless is a thing is cos the print run for 1st ed ran out and they wanted to use same stock before unlimited but they hdbt released 1st ed across the whole states at that time.

1 Like

Yeah thought as much, would love to see some pictures from around that time but can’t seem to find any. Did find this hilarious MSNBC news report though: KEEP YOUR KIDS AWAY FROM THE POKEMONS!

3 Likes

‘Toy Consultant’

2 Likes

“Adults aren’t going to get into it a lot”

“There’s about another year, year and a half to this craze”

5 Likes

“Poh-kee-mahn.”

Ugh.

And so it began.

1 Like

That’s how my Parents say it, so much correcting haha

1 Like

Prerelease Aerodactyl, Blisters and binders!!

1 Like

DONT WATCH IT, PLAY IT, NOTHING TO DO WITH IT…DONT BREATHE AND STARE AT THE WALL PLEASE. Go to school and get fed the shit you dont need to know and follow all the rules we set.

& 3.50 a pack for 1st gen…*crys aloud*

My mum said the same when the Simpsons came out, lol

Omg that toy consultant was driving me nuts. He took every opportunity, and even created some, to advertise the product. How annoying.

1 Like

I have that PokéDex.

1 Like

This one is more TCG focused (35 minutes), There is a certain vibe in these videos, especially with some of the adults. Hard to explain, definitely not welcoming Pokemon with open arms lol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_L8VnYp7jE

2 Likes

The Nostalgic Blast, awesome. I just want to reach in the screen for that Charizard Base Set Blister and CD Promo!

1 Like

Love seeing some of the old press releases and videos. I might start a thread?

3 Likes

You’re right. They were released from the northwest and were shipped first to western addresses then onward to the East. The supply fell well short of the demand so the first unlimited print run (shadowless) were rushed out to fill the remaining orders.
Yes, there were some exceptions to certain outlets in the east but generally few got the 1st Ed.

1 Like