1st Edition Base Set Booster Box on Auction

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-TCG-1st-Edition-Limited-Printing-Base-Set-Booster-Box-SEALED-RARE-/263227256341?hash=item3d49912e15:g:kjsAAOSwErFZyBf6

I figured this would generate a lot of interest and discussion so I’m making it a solo thread instead of just letting the Giant Auction Thread get devastated.

Speculate on price here.
Speculate on authenticity here.
Tell me why you’d never spend that much on cardboard here.
Let us all know when you win.

4 Likes

Holy moly…

US link too for those that wanna watch it:
www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-TCG-1st-Edition-Limited-Printing-Base-Set-Booster-Box-SEALED-RARE-/263227256341?hash=item3d49912e15:g:kjsAAOSwErFZyBf6

$28k-$30k

Far out, been waiting ages to see this pop up. $44,000.

1 Like

2017 is one hell of a year for Pokemon!!!

5 Likes

With 6days to go and depends on how much exposure it will get. I’d say 29k-32k. Glad to see a relic up for auction.
Edit: Holy Pikachu!!! hours after my previous post bid went up to 50k already! What an awesome year for this hobby.

I reckon about $38k … pretty cool to see one listed, but I can’t afford it at the moment :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I honest to God believe this box, assuming it is legitimate, is worth $60,000+ in a proper market. Not sure a random person on eBay can yield maximum value, but I would be surprised if it ended lower than $40,000.

1 Like

70k minimum. Dont @ me

Reminds me of a listings on ebay a few years ago for 6 1st ed base boosters boxes for exactly 60k with OBO. If you’re right then whoever bought that listing just made almost 200k or even more off a case of pokemon booster boxes…

2017 just has me speechless.

I can’t believe that 10 years ago it was only a little over $100.

People were busting these left and right until they literally disappeared from the market. I think we are past the point of it being a gamble to open. It’s simply a collectible in its own right.

1 Like

$50k wow

This is likely the only one available to be bought should one want one for quite some time. I wouldn’t be TOO shocked if this was a $100,000 item but it might be too soon for that. You have fucking TRAINER CARDS from this set being $1-2k in PSA 10. Every card in the box is valuable and there are 324 non-Energy cards in this box. If every non-Energy card earns $100 graded (obviously we’re not counting the grading fees and assuming the cards are generally good quality but remember that there is potential for $20k Charizard being there too) you’re looking at over $32k. Combine this with the fact that these boxes are 99.99999999999/100 on the impossible scale to find and this would be the ultimate nostalgia hit to open, I see people really competing for it. That being said, I do hope the eventual buyer does not open it.

1 Like

Lol @ the lowball estimations up there.

I would legit remortgage condo or sell anything I own if this thing went for $30k. Remember loose weighed packs go for almost $1k. This is the holy grail of English pokemon guys.

Not surprised at the current price, but I’m amazed it went this high on day 1. I also wouldn’t be surprised if seller saw a 6 figures payday. That might entice other collectors to sell theirs.

$88,000 is my guess

how much are organs going for nowadays

4 Likes

I heard a kidney goes on the black market for around $160-180k. I’m pretty sure I won’t need both of mine anytime soon.

How can you have poor people when a kidney is 160K :dizzy_face:

Lol, that guy is also selling a jungle first edition box. Sadly nobody cares. :laughing:

2 Likes

Amazing! I hope they do open it and and post a video doing so (think they’ll keep it sealed though).

Predicting $85k. While I feel there are those out there who would drop 100k on this very willingly I don’t believe there’s enough competition to get it to that price point at this time. That being said, I may stand corrected at the end and it see it passing six digits. It’s certainly not out the realm of possibility.

$75k is my guess, but like Festa, I would not be surprised at all if it ends up being 6 digits.