1st ed zapdos error or fake? Also middleman notice

Hey everyone! Hope everyone had wonderful Holidays! Been a little bit since I’ve posted. I figure I can update some stuff and also pose a question to the community.

First off, I am no longer living in Japan, as regrettable as it is :pensive: I moved back last week, so I will not be able to middle anymore for people. I believe I DMed everyone I was working with, but just in case, I figured I’d make it public as well. This way people will know not to reference me anymore for middleman services as well. Thank you to everyone that I worked with! It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot in the process! If I ever move back, I’ll be sure to be in touch :+1:

As for my question. Since I’m back home, I’m reorganizing my binders and found that this zapdos (which I hadn’t seen until now because I bought it while in Japan) has an odd sheen on the front. Also, it seems to be a holo bleed.

Here are photos for you all to gander at.

Add images

The last photo is a shadowless one for comparison. The back and front coloration looks fine to me. The font doesn’t seem to be blurred, I’d say it’s real, but I’ve just never come across that weird sheen, nor a holo bleed 1st ed shadowless. Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!

4 Likes

Looks normal to me. :open_mouth:

Also, welcome back from Japan! I hope you settle in comfortably in your new dwelling. I’ve never moved so far and I can’t imagine it’s easy.

1 Like

This card looks legitimate to me.

It is not unusual to have slight holo bleed on light-colored 1st ed Base cards. The texture looks a bit strange, but it could just be the sustained damage and/or the specific light/angle.

Have you checked the edges to determine if the black “core” layer is visible? You can also shine a bright LED light under the card to see if it passes through easily. If it does, you would have cause for concern. The black core layer would prevent most of the light to come through.

10db1c64-6259-49ed-a615-8d1be06ad9de

1 Like

Ok cool, thanks for the tip, the black line layer looks to be there when compared to the other foils in my set. I forgot about those checks haha! I don’t have much of a strong LED, but by the sounds of what you guys are saying it seems legit.

@stagecoach thanks for the well wishes! It’s going well so far. My cards made it home safely, but the shipping expense was egregious :persevere::persevere::persevere: other than jet lag still screwing with me, I’m having a good time back stateside.

2 Likes