1st Ed. Base Set Pricing

I would like to get a better idea on pricing, any help would be much appreciated!

1.) PSA Mint 9 1st Ed. Base 16-Card Holo Set (Thick “1” Version)

2.) NM+/M Condition 1st Ed. Base Set (All 103 Cards)

My collection is all loose cards in Ultra-Pro sleeves/pages, but I’m debating on how I want to purchase the “big money” set. Do I continue with my loose cards, or go for the PSA Graded cards on this one set? Right now I’m leaning towards continuing with the loose cards - just to keep everything the same…

Ebay will help you get an average estimate on these.

1 Like

full set raw you’re looking at anywhere around 2000 or more (i think, been a while since i checked)
Graded set i have no idea.

1st edition PSA 9 set PRICES per card as what I see on ebay a fair bit:

All the mint 9 1st ed shadowless base set holos that arnt the starters… SO 13 of them are about 150-175USD each.

But these 3:
Charizard - 1300-1500USD
Blastoise - 300- 350USD
Venusaur - 220-270USD

If you wait for auctions they do go lower xD … I have seen in 2015 a charizard mint 9 go for around 900USD.
I sold my mint 9 Zard for about 1600USD.

2 Likes

I think the venu and blastoise go for more than that now. With all of the trio love going on. The demand has grown a lot.

I find it annoying that I set my collection goals away from 1st ed base to start with, I can’t stop now with what I have started and the prices for it just keep going up :confused:

1 Like

I am in the same boat as you. I should have started with 1st ed base set at the beginning. But instead I started monkeying with gold stars shinings and unlimited base set jungle ect. Ect.

2 Likes

Haha I’m in the same boat… It’s just not fair!

I’m putting it on the back burner… Sold my blastoise 1st ed PSA 10 recently. And charizard a few months back. The pop is high and there will always be another chance for them… However I would like to not wait to long on getting the zard back, because that shit will go crazy soon. Its unstable that card and only climbs higher per second… A bit troublesomez

1 Like

wooh wooh my blastoise get in there :blush:

2 Likes

E cheque has not cleared yet, but I’m sure it will soon. Why you use e cheque lol.

E-Cheque is when you select directly from bank balance instead of using existing PayPal funds.

I use it all the time.

It has been over 7 days and it hadn’t cleared… What the hell is with it.
Wait it was done on the 5th.
I use debit card from the bank and its instant. Well debit card through PayPal that is linked to the bank.

1 Like

Yeah I think if you tie your PayPal to your credit function, it’s instant. I linked mine to my bank account as I prefer to not use that credit function on my Master Debit.

Could be wrong on this though.

1 Like

I think they charge more dollans when using the debit like i do aswell. For certain things.

itsall gone out of my bank account and on paypal says money sent but its still under pending payment and i found out why it wasnt instance i accidently took the card off of paypal and didnt put it back on so when i used paypal to pay done a e-cheque instead :blush: opps i would of nearly had my card already

1 Like

I scooped up a PSA 10 Blastoise 1st ed recently as well. Love that pokemon, and the pop is nice and low couldnt resist. Have to get a charizard soon as well tho to replace my old one

1 Like

nice i just brought a PSA 10 blatoise 1st edition as well :blush:

1 Like

how much did u pay if u dont mind me asking :blush:

I traded with Gary haha

1 Like