1st Ed Base box to be broken at the National

4 Likes

So it’s being opened by a former NFL player turned WhatNot box ripper?

The box will be opened on Friday, July 28th, 2023 at 3:30 PM, by none other than former NFL star Blake Martinez! @blakes.breaks

The event will take place live, and in front of thousands, at the main stage of The National Sports Collectors Convention, held at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center in Chicago, IL.

It will also be live-streamed on the BlakesBreaks Whatnot page for viewers at home to tune in!

4 Likes

Yes, yes it is lol He’s a real deal collector at least

1 Like

I wonder if they’ll stream it? I’d like to have it on in the background

Dang im going thursday. Maybe i will have to find a way to go friday instead now lol

What are the odds the lots would all go up simultaneously like this?

The same person bid on all of them, so very high :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Isn’t the national today?

No it’s two weeks from now.

1 Like

So they bid them all $2,000 just for fun? Makes no sense. Why would someone intentionally bid them all higher when they could organically bid closer to auction time.

Given that they’re almost all at $4,100 (except for 1) my guess is that someone had set it to auto-bid up to $4,000 and someone else put in a higher bid on all of them so it automatically outbid them all the way up to $4,100.

It’s just weird like all of these bid within seconds of each other. I don’t think you can complete the bid process that quickly so someone has a bot or it is something else going on.

1 Like

It is likely a batch bid by a wealthy individual. You can submit multiple bids simultaneously on Heritage.

https://www.ha.com/c/ref/web-tips.zx#batch

2 Likes

Bids end tonight!

I should be there when they do the break so I’ll probably check it out for a little bit.

1 Like

I hope they stream it. I want to watch or have it on in the background

It’s being streamed on Blake Martinez’s whatnot page according for the IG post.

I really don’t want to download whatnot just to watch lol

Why would you want to watch it anyway? You will see nothing you haven’t seen before 1000x over.

1 Like

Idk for nostalgia