1999 Pikachu 1st Edition w/ a stamp?

Kids and I are still learning our way through the early stuff, found a 1st edition today at our LCS.

To me at least, it was likely a 7/8 in terms of conditioning but what threw me off was a gold “w” stamp on the right side of the front of the card.

Question is, what is that? and is that something worth picking up? (he wouldn’t go lower than $65).

Is it perhaps the Wizards W?

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/W_Promotional_cards_(TCG)

3 Likes

$65 is a good price for the card, and it’s a neat promo to boot.

Yes, that would be it. Is that considered a true 1st edition? Or, just a promo item?

Both kinda… I think that it’s a genuine 1st ed since Wizards was the one printing pokemon at the time, but it was distributed as a promo. Also, I could be wrong but I don’t think that there were any unlimited versions stamped in English. I found a copy of an Italian unlimited stamped, but I haven’t seen anything besides English in 1st ed. I think @quuador could help

1 Like

The W-stamped Jungle Pikachu is indeed only available as 1st edition English and unlimited edition Italian versions. So no unlimited edition English; 1st edition Italian; nor any other language Jungle Pikachu is out there with the W-stamp a.f.a.i.k.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Cheers!

Greatly appreciate the help, now to try and equally split this card between two children. . .

1 Like

Was able to haggle and offer a few Baseball cards for trade, kids are happy and now we’re heading home.

Cheers and thank you once more for your assistance!

1 Like