1998 Bandai Sealdass Stitch Touch - HD Image List

Hello everyone,

This post serves to inform everyone of the 1998 Bandai Sealdass Stitch Touch set released in Japan. Unfortunately I don’t speak Japanese so my research on this topic isn’t as thorough as it could be if I was fluent in Japanese but I tried my best. If anyone has any corrections please don’t hesitate to let me know! I know that there were multiple Bandai card sets released in 1998 and I’ll be making a separate post for each of them but I haven’t found any distinct names on the cards that help me come up with a “set name” for them.

This set contains 12 cards in total. From what I can tell, cards #1-4 peel off entirely and the sticker is the size of the entire card. The remaining cards all feature multiple smaller stickers on the cards which would have been peeled off separately.

Any additional information on these cards is encouraged and I would be very grateful.

Happy collecting!

Pikachu - #.01

Bulbasaur - #.02

Squirtle - #.03

Charmander - #.04

Pikachu - #.05

Togepi - #.06

Oddish - #.07

Ditto - #.08

Pikachu and Caterpie - #.09

Pikachu and Oddish - #.10

Pikachu and Clefairy - #.11

Pikachu - #.12

19 Likes

I saw a few of these for sale a few weeks ago and I was wondering where these were from, now I know. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

They are from the set called “Shieldus Pokemon Stitch Touch” (カードダス ポケットモンスター ステッチタッチ) which was released in 1998 and contained 12 cards.

6 Likes

@mrbubbles Amazing, thank you!

Wow, this is some amazing art!

1 Like

You might find this resource to be helpful.
wiki.pokemoncentral.it/Carddass

5 Likes

Great post! There are also 2 other sets that feature similar art & design as the Stitch Touch set.

www.elitefourum.com/t/kanto-starters-cards/30633/10

The link by rainbowgx will help for most Carddass things, but I believe a few sets & information is missing there.

1 Like

One of my main Carddass resources :blush:

Just an FYU for anyone that might use this list to try and complete some of the more obscure, older Carddass sets. This list is missing Slide Up Part 3 and Jumbo Anime Part 4.

I loved this set. Wish they did more in this style! Thank you for posting them all! There’s a few that I haven’t seen before!

1 Like

I really like these more niche sets being presented :blush: i have a full set of veerrry niche pokemon set called magic message cards which consist of lamin cards where pokemon cards form words when placed on correct base cards. Not sure if that kind of set gets any interest but i can make a thread of them if someone wants

3 Likes

I’m a few months behind, but these are now graded by CGC! :innocent:

2 Likes

did you make one at the end? So little info on the Magic Message cards, like what languages they were released on. I can confirm English, Spanish and German only. I believe there is also French & Italian but havent confirmed it yet.

Yes i did, not sure tho how much added info it provides besides spreading knowledge about the set Pokemon magic message cards i have the same experience with languages, wrote there that i don’t have doubts about the existence of french and italian but i’m starting to have some since i haven’t seen them surface yet, haven’t been the most active searching either but anyway. I don’t have any local italian sales platforms to search but in french rakuten my grimer searches at least haven’t been succesful with the set

Does anyone know who the artist is on these? Great set thanks for sharing!

Now that i’m checking my article again i’ve written that i’ve seen italian ones somewhere which i’ve totally forgotten so those may still exist, hopefully i haven’t mistaken anything since the language can be a bit easy to mess up when they have to sometimes be checked out of the dot formation of the message

As an italian I can say I’ve never seen those message cards that have to be overlapped to reveal the message, around my place, but I’ve seen multiple sets of edibas lamincards from gen 3.
I didn’t dig them really much but I think this list is pretty complete.
If needed I can lend a hand on tracking these, I didn’t find anyone interested in them before (and neither was myself) but It could be fun to do

1 Like

It wouldn’t hurt if you can keep an eye out for them, thank you! It wouldn’t be the first time i’ve had troubles between recognising italian and spanish languages (i’m terribly sorry for my brutal eye about southern europe languages) so me seeing italian magic message cards isn’t any proof that they actually do exist

1 Like

Actually, on our Trustful wiki it’s stated we commercialized them here in 2006.
I didn’t check beforehand because I’m confident that in 2006 I would have seen these in newsstand.
Also I can’t find any image of them in italian language. I know french and german cards have the Pokémon names translated, but in Italy we don’t.
I don’t know how it works in Spain, will get on that later, but I think this is an error of our wiki

1 Like

Yeah that’s what makes italian and spanish more difficult to recognise, making promotion materials ready doesn’t mean anything i guess since last topps set also had those out but the set anyway never released. That was also the same year than magic message cards so not sure if there were any major cancellations

As an Italian, I confirm that I’ve never seen these. They seems pretty niche, but there is something on subito.it (italian craigslist):

Pokemon names seem to be in german.

1 Like