1997 Carddass Bandai Starters - Price Check

All,

I’m wanting to purchase one of these in either PSA 7 or PSA 8 condition. Has anyone heard of any private sales or anything regarding this card? I am not finding much, if any sales data on eBay.

Thanks for any help.

Depends on what card. For PSA 8 grade I would estimate a less popular or common card to be around $20, a more popular or rare non holo card more like $35. Non starter holos should be in the $40-$55 range, Pikachu/Blastoise/Venusaur should all be around the $70-100 range. Charizard is the only one with decent sales data and looks to be around $180. All of these guesstimations are for PSA 8. PSA 7 just take off maybe 25% off these values. Everything besides Charizard has such high variance tbh; its currently a niche market. The same card that sold for $70 might sell for $35 the next day, so take these valuations with a grain of salt. Hopefully these cards continue to grow in exposure, along with the 1996 set. The '97 set artwork might be the peak of the hobby tbh, the combat animations in the cards where they’re actually f***ing each other up is just the actual best, and its all Sugimori doing some of his best work imo. The card design of the '97 set is amazing, the '96 set imo is a little lackluster just in terms of card design. I don’t care too much for the wording running accross the back, or the MONSTERS COLLECTION wording in large font on the bottom, but hey that also is part of the charm of the set; it’s definitely unique. I think both sets will remain close in value to each other, but it’s really hard to tell at this point.

Bought a psa 8 copy for about 200 usd in december, I checked ebay a couple times since then and haven’t seen any comparable grades.

200$ is about the raw price for copies in Japan that look like anything from 3 to 7, depending on how PSA feels about these that day. A PSA 8 for that price was definetely a great deal, even in December.