149montblanc's Collection

Hi

Ive been collecting since the pokemon craze started. Initially i started collecting english cards, mainly the base set. But after seeing the japanese promo cards in pojo’s pokemon magazine, i decided to mainly focus on collecting japanese promo cards. I had a huge collection of japanese promo cards excluding trophy cards but sold most of them when i went to university. I stopped collecting altogether for several years and only just recently got back into collecting after i found some of my old cards when having a clear out. Things have changed so much.

My collection isnt as impressive as some of the collections on here, but we have to start somewhere :blush:

Here are photos of my latest purchases. Three of the cards were brought from members on this forum and one was brought from a seller on ebay:

12 Likes

Well you definitely started with a bang! :blush: Those cards have impressive artworks and some of my personal favourites. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

Thanks :blush: i love the artwork on the eevee card. Its my favourite card in my collection at the moment.

1 Like

ANA Promo Card

2 Likes

Lovely collection!
Are you going to try to upgrade the Eevee to a 9 or just content with it as is :blush:

Thanks. Think im going to leave it as it is for the time being. The grade doesnt bother me.

No worries! Just thought all 9s was something you were looking to achieve!
If you are happy, I’m happy :grin:

Great start to your collection, the Grand Party is one of my favorite holo illustrations :blush:

Thanks :blush: same here! I brought my first grand party card back in 2001 from smason108. Still got it. I wanted a graded version, so i brought another from a member on this forum :blush:

IMAKUNI CARDS :blush:

2 Likes

Love the collection so far! Fan club, grand party, original birthday pika, ANA. I hope this is an indication of what is to come :grin:

1 Like

Thanks alot! :blush: i really want to add some trophy cards to my collection at some point. Got my eye on a 98 trophy pikachu set, but just waiting for a set to appear at a good price :blush:

Pikachu promo cards - from vending sheet 00 and toyota campaign

2 Likes

I will be adding pika trophycard soon to but I will start with the English first unless a great deal on a 98 pika presents it self to me hopefully in 2 months my first English one will be purchased only got a little more to save.

Niccce!! Great collection. Kudos on the imakuni cards, u need to get the ebb copies too :wink:

Thats awesome :blush: cant wait to see photos of it when you finally purchase it. I was very tempted to buy one of the english trophy pikachu cards that was on ebay a few months ago, but decided that i’ll be more happy with the japanese version instead. Even though its going to be much more expensive.

Thanks :blush: yep once i have the ebb copies than i think ive completed the set of imakuni cards. Very funny cards

Hi ive just started collecting again after 13 years away from it and I bought the grand party promo in psa 9 as well a few month ago.How much did you get yours for?

**UPDATE:

Its been just over a year now since i updated this thread. Since then ive only purchased 4 cards :blush:

1. TROPICAL MEGA BATTLE - NUMBER 3 TRAINER CARD:

1. SECRET SUPER BATTLE - NUMBER 2 TRAINER CARD:

1. PIKACHU 1998 - NUMBER 1 TRAINER CARD:

1. PIKACHU 1998 - NUMBER 3 TRAINER CARD:

21 Likes

Wow, what an update!

1 Like

That’s uhhh, quite an update you have there.

2 Likes

Holy… congrats on the amazing additions, unbelievable.