1/1 Magic The Gathering card "The One Ring" - It was pulled, graded PSA 9

2 species collectors in the world. 1 is now at 100% complete and the other will forever be at 99%.

It is the biggest punch in the gut that the company could hand you.

2 Likes

Species collectors are not entitled to own one of every card of their respective Pokémon. I personally like the fact cards exist that the largest spenders can’t pry away no matter how much they throw down.

4 Likes

I personally find the blatant cash-grab side of this much worse than worrying about the #2 collector. Manufactured rarity the extent of serialization is a cancer in my opinion. I understand what you mean though.

Was the card ever found?

Would be pretty funny if someone found it before the release.

WOTC aren’t letting that be found anytime soon ~

2 Likes

It really doesn’t help in sports cards when you have a 1/1, /3, /5, /9, /13, etc all in the same set.

Completely ruins it.

Think I saw something wild about Mac Jones having over 1,000 1/1 cards in his rookie sets. Absolutely wild.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I’m thinking it won’t be 100% randomly seeded, to eliminate the chance that it’s found “too early.”

1 Like

Ah see. That’s what happens when I don’t do my research or pay attention :man_facepalming:

Guess the value of it if someone was to pull it and auction it?

Guess the degrees of separation between the person that pulls it and someone who works at WOTC?

4 Likes

Imagine if it got out eek

I understand very well @eeveeteam point, the thing between having all and all except is light years. And i have few sports card collectors in my friends and i’ve been in some communitys and the mentality seems to be very different than with pokemon cards. The spectrum of where, how much and what cards have been released, just with set cards in addition to all 1/1 cards, is so massive that it’s just not realistic to even dream of owning all of them (or to even know them, always a random fair or event where your player got stamped some /10 exclusives without any public announcement) at least when a player is even slightly more popular. Meanwhile in pokemon the gotta catch em all mentality still lives very well among set cards, of course with trophy cards and few promo cards it leans a lot in sports card collecting direction

3 Likes

Serious question: how does a 1/1 card get randomly placed in a pack?
Presumably someone knows it’s made at a particular time at a particular facility, and I would imagine even that information alone would narrow down where it is significantly

1 Like

Probably a few workers including a higher up manager hold the card and place randomly in the stack of the rare card slot. Then that stack is placed in the feeder for the production line. No one truly knows what pack it was placed in.

2 Likes

Maybe some software engineer responsible for writing the allocation algorithm also just so happens to watch Rudy from Alpha Investments …

4 Likes

In my opinion Hasbro seems like the type thag will “rabdomly” choose to put it in the last product released for this release. So that they dont run the risk of it getting foubd day 1 and killing demand for the product’s

Yeah, bet it isn’t even printed yet. Or, it is, and is sitting in their storage vault for the last print run.

imagine it never gets found :rofl:

1 Like

This is along the vein of things I was thinking of. If some random kid in Iowa gets his first few MTG packs and pulls it and doesn’t know what he has it could end up in an attic or being put through the wash (lmao)

1 Like