ZenturionXYZ's Collection

So far it’s a tiny collection. First came 1999 Machamp Mint 9 and 2000 Dark Blastoise Mint 9

Then came 2002 Zapdos Mint 9 and Nidoqueen Mint 9

Pending 2 that seem to be lost in USPS land since Monday. Headed to post office in the AM to see what’s happening. :pensive:

9 Likes

Would be cool to hear a bit more about your story - did you just get in to the hobby? Or back in to it? etc.

Big love for the Dark Blastoise one of my favourite arts.

3 Likes

Sure thing!

I collected when they came out here back in Base Set, Jungle,Fossil and Gym. I even had Japanese cards. No idea how I got them or where they came from.
Half way through high school I quit collecting cause I wanted to fit in a little more. It was dumb and I’d go back and tell young me to not care what other people think. Do what you like!

I’ve played the games here and there and about a year ago started watching the anime again. Then eventually got back into the TCG collecting after playing the PTCGO for a bit. Got really into it and even started a YouTube channel. Loving the new sets but I really like the nostalgic feeling I get from the WOTC era. I have some of my old cards but they aren’t in PSA gradable shape. So I’m buying up some PSA cards that I remember loving back then. Like Machamp was one of my first holos. Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon. Zapdos is Legendary Collections but same art as base set so I bought that due to price. Nidoqueen and NidoKing (on the way)I really liked and I thought the reverse Holo pattern was nice.

I’m looking to collect for nostalgia and at the same time finding cards that hold value or go up in value.
I have a bunch of newer cards I plan to send to PSA but I’m still trying to figure out which would be best to send.

3 Likes

I love how each card is a different color scheme (Green/Blue/Orange/Yellow). Really makes them look good when side by side.

Also, what type of stands are those?

1 Like

Yeah so that was coincidental really but the plan was to put leaf on green stands and yellow for electric and so on.
The stands are from a vendor on Etsy. Can’t remember the exact site. But you can search for PSA Card Stands and it should show up.
They fit perfectly for the ones without a sleeve. However even a perfect fit sleeve makes them really tight to fit in there. The sleeve gets scrunched up on the bottom.
They are simple stands and they hold the cards up well. No falling over which is nice.

1 Like

NidoKing has arrived and has joined his Queen!

9 Likes

Slowly trickling in.
PSA Mint 9 Dark Magneton 1st Edition. No real back story to this other than it’s a cool looking card and I’m happy to add it to my collection!

5 Likes

Got a new one.

Also got some magnetic inserts and mounted them to the wall!

2 Likes

I may need to slow down a little. Lol but I got another one and I’ve got a few more on the way.

Absolutely love this art work. I was looking for a jungle 1st edition but came across this and decided to get it instead. :grinning:

4 Likes

Don’t blame you honestly I think the Rocket’s Scyther card looks way better than the Jungle one, although I love them both ofc.

1 Like

Yeah and the red Holo background is sweet!

1 Like

Alright! I get to add more to the collection.
Some time ago I posted the first Dark Blastoise #3 in Mint 9. It wasn’t a 1st edition so I had the itch to get it in 1st. So I did. They also had a Japanese version as well and so I picked that one up so I have the 3 versions!

4 Likes

Adding a few more to the collection and a sealed booster pack from ZandGEmporium.

Also added a sealed Crossing The Ruins (Neo Discovery) to the collection after opening 4 of the packs. Got some nice pulls that I’ll be sending to PSA.

3 Likes

Did those sets have holos in each pack? Can’t remember honestly lol

1 Like

Yes the Japanese sets had Holo in every pack except base set. Now I’m not sure when they stopped with the holos. But yeah the neo sets had them.

That’s great, can’t wait to see your pulls

1 Like

The pack opening is up on my channel for these.

1 Like

Awesome bro I’ll check out your channel too :blush:

1 Like

Awesome thanks!

Here are my other 2 pulls! Very happy with them!

1 Like