Your Top 3 Iconic Pokemon

What are the 5 Pokémon that come to your mind that are the most iconic in your eyes?

Maybe Blastoise if you chose Pokémon Blue? Maybe Pikachu , the first Pokémon for Ash?

Would love too read your top 3 and why :raised_hands:

Mine:

Charizard ( Pokémon Red first game )
Mewtwo ( Pokémon Movie )
Rayquaza ( Pokémon Emerald , brought me back into the game scene )

1 Like
  1. Pikachu (duh)
  2. Charizard (Everyone loves him)
  3. Eevee (pretty iconic too with the eeveelutions)
2 Likes

Squirtle was the very first starter I chose when I first played Pokemon Red. I remember leveling it to lv92 before starting the game all over again. Final four did not stand a chance

My very first holo rare pull was the Nidoking from unlimited base set. I still have the card today, not in the best condition though lol

I always thought missing no was a cool bug. On one of my last play throughs of Pokemon Red, I collected all the pokemon including missing no, but no Mew.

2 Likes

I thought this before even opening the thread. :handshake:

If I had to extend the list a little bit, I think that Greninja would be a solid addition. Its probably the only starter post gen 4 thats held any sort of longevity in popularity. Just a really, really cool design and a pokemon thats popular in multiple areas of Pokemon (tcg, video games, tv show, merch) More popular than gen 2 starters imo. :eyes:

I think Mew is another good one. Not as popular as Mewtwo, but definitely a top 10.

1 Like

It’s going to be Pikachu and Charizard on this list over and over again for very obvious reasons.

So I’ll just choose something outside that.

1. Lugia (Very popular, has its own movie and shows up in the TCG pretty often)
  2. Ditto (One of the most easily recognizable Pokemon. It shows up in almost every mainline game and it’s the biggest victim of the breeding mechanic.)
  3. Snorlax (It’s the Sleeping Pokemon. Everyone knows this one without fail)

Beyond these, it’ll be Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Eevee + Evolutions, Kanto Trio.

1 Like
  1. Squirtle
  2. Charmander
  3. Bulbasaur
3 Likes

Oddly enough Raichu
Charizard
Squirtle

1 Like

Sorry guys but you’re trolling if you don’t put Pikachu in the top 3 iconic Pokemon… Pikachu might be a top 3 iconic character in all media at this point

1 Like

Top 3

1. Bulbasaur
  2. Bulbasaur
  3. Bulbasaur
4 Likes

For me:

1. Gengar (hell yeah! gengar gang forever)
  2. Lugia (this was the first legenary pokemon that i thought “Woooowww” especially after seeing Pokemon 2000, it was so cool like some whale-dinosaur-plane)
  3. Mew (i think mew is an Entity at this point and it will be forever around)

I think the most iconic ones:

1. Pikachu
  2. Charizard
  3. gen1 starters
1 Like
  1. Pikachu
  2. Eevee
  3. Chorizord
2 Likes

Pikachu
Charizard
Mewtwo

2 Likes

When I mentioned Rayquaza I also loved it’s ex cards and thought they were the chase cards when I was younger , yet little did I know back then there was his gold star version lol I had know idea he had a GS until I was in my early 20’s :joy:

I was thinking Lugia would definitely be one of the top iconic Pokémon due too the 2nd film

Pikachu is iconic for sure but was it THE Iconic Pokémon for many ? Nah

I didn’t care about Pikachu when I was a kid , he was great but he wasn’t the chase pokemon for me in the games , or TCG

1 Like

Started with Pokemon blue and never been the biggest charizard fan myself.

1. Mewtwo
  2. Blastoise
  3. Lugia

Pikachu
Charizard
Lugia.

Next would be a tossup between Mewtwo and the other two Gen 1 starters but I think those ones cannibalize each other on the list putting Lugia ahead of them.

Yea sorry I read the word ‘‘iconic’’ and immediately started thinking generally instead of personally, my mistake

For me it would be:

1. Rayquaza (R&S was my first game and finding Rayquaza was like finding the Holy Grail)
  2. Charizard (My brother and I won a few Base 2 Charizards in the school yard playing games)
  3. Lugia (Had the 2nd movie on video tape)

Iconic for their forgettability:

1. Lumineon
  2. Mothim
  3. Heatmor

They’re not my favourites, but these three won’t ever be getting a mention in this thread otherwise.

Going across generations:

1. Gengar - I don’t need to explain the bias
  2. Arceus - personally am not a fan but I just remember this mon for what it is in the story.
  3. Fuecoco - it’s cute