Year in Review

We’ve not really been on the new site long enough, but moving forward it would be nice to have a “year in review” thing like Spotify/Reddit and others do. In our profile we kind of have a nice summary of stuff already, but would be cool to have it for a whole year.

8 Likes

Next Monday’s smpratte video has entered the chat

26 Likes

Spotify style :sunglasses:

5 Likes

And maybe an end of year awards show. (No idea how this would work in reality, so just spitballing because this community is great and probably has some ideas)

Worst take
Best Purchase
Most Active
Etc.

7 Likes

Ooooo I love superlatives!

1 Like

I wasn’t around, but e4 did have a 10th anniversary award thing! Don’t really know mamy details except there are site badges for them.

Ask and ye shall receive

9 Likes

lol worst take

2 Likes

Every year I receive an award in the form of increasingly stern cease and desists demanding I stop posting. But I will never stop posting. Take me to court. Send me to jail. I will never stop!!

3 Likes

I hope you never do. You are our resident storyteller. Master of words!

Cheers!

9 Likes

i already got the touch grass award, i dont need pfm to tell me that my posts were bad and my memes were low quality.

4 Likes

I would love to see this!

Thanks Santa!

Let us know if we can help somehow. Like a Google form to submit our favourite posts of the year, or jokes we remember etc.

Always feel bad being like “this would be cool” and then doing nothing haha. This forum is freeee after all

Best mod

Highest read time…where is my badge, flair, title and unique poke ball??

5 Likes

There’s a plugin that lets me generate some rankings on simple stats. If you want a more opinion/poll based award then yes, it would be helpful to have ideas generated :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Scrolling through my eBay purchases this year.
Early I focused on hgss era and my Komiya set.
Midway through I started picking up XY era full arts.
Throughout the year I was constantly picking up Expedition cards as well as upgrading any heavily played cards in my binders.
I made two grading submissions, a small 11 card to CGC and a larger 70 card to PSA.

In terms of broad pokemon opinions for 2022, I feel it has been impossibly hard to keep up!
Modern is unreasonably good, the character rares and alt arts are unreal. Understandably, the beautiful cards are the most expensive and it’s a pain to pass on these cards due to their price tag.

It seems event planning has really been top notch, bravo to the organizers. I hope to personally attend more events next year.

I can not fathom how pokemon will be able to one up this year. I think we are pretty darn lucky at this moment.

3 Likes