Yahoo Japan Banned Europe

Just a heads up, it seems like most Europeans and Brits will have to use VPNs to acces Yahoo Japan.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always wondered how big of a secondary market Europe was. Now itā€™s up to Americans to buy up that market share.

And from today we are even more behind. For some reason yahoo Japan has stopped access for EEA and the UK :see_no_evil: you can use a VPN though to get round it!

500 on a modern set card :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Thats crazy

I got my Umbreon for $400 within a month of release of Eevee Heroes. Looks like it dipped to $300 for a low and is now at $550 and climbing. In my opinion, I think that price point is too high for a set card, although super difficult to pull. If you are in no hurry, Iā€™d just wait til the recession hits in the next year, again, my opinion only.

I wonder what the reasoning was behind banning eu?

1 Like

Lol, thatā€™s fitting. The reason given is that complying with european regulation isnā€™t worth the user base.

I consolidated all the posts into its own thread since this is such a major topic.

Also just realized the UK was banned as well. Wow. Discord was speculating it was due to GDPR rules. Has anyone received any details?

Hereā€™s an article on the reasoning:

www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14538476

I donā€™t blame them honestly. The potential liability far outweighs the benefit to the company if only 1% of its user base is from those countries.

3 Likes

@cardstockpile, Well I guess that answers this thread. E4 must have a large portion of EU collectors, as I thought the percentage would be a bit higher than 1%. But it definitely makes sense from a liability perspective.

So is it just yj? Will I still be able to use buyee as if so this literally doesnā€™t make any sort of difference to me as I never use the actual yahoo site?

2 Likes

As of now, you can still browse Yahoo through Buyee, however pictures from listings wonā€™t load. Definitely not ideal.

2 Likes

Yup, no pictures load with any of my middlemen services either. This makes quickly glancing for new listings or specific items impossible, even if you can read Japanese, since most listings start with the same words. Even though on some listings the picture quality doesnā€™t add any value anyway, right? :relieved: Anyway, absolutely awful. Will have to get a VPN for sure.

Hmm strange as Iā€™ve just checked buyee and everything including pictures is loading for me? Iā€™m wondering if this will change soon or am I just the chosen one?

To be fair, sometimes I feel like inspecting those pixelated pictures gives me exactly the same chance of receiving a dented card as not looking them at all.

I can only see the preview pictures, but when I open a specific listing no picture will load

I will now be offering a ā€œJapan Middleman-US Middlemaning to the UKā€ service. Itā€™ll take you about a 6 months to get your purchases, but better than nothing right?

3 Likes

you joke but this is pretty much how it has been for me in the last year haha.

1 Like

Good change, Europeans are nothing but trouble

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what I tried to say in the middle there :laughing:

1 Like