Xileets' KAWAYOO Collection

While I started my Arita Collection early on, KAWAYOO jumped out at me much more recently. A unique and fun style, and I often imagine his creatures are how they might look in battle. Very different from TPC’s OG cute-ish PkMn illustration style. This is my collection of most unique KAWAYOO card illustrations, except the ones I really just don’t like. I try to put them in chronological order, and as rev holo to highlight the art. You can find video on this on my youtube channel as well!. As always, these collections are a constant work in progress. And before someone calls me on it, YES, I do include proxies as placeholders because until FA prices drop, if ever, I refuse to pay this much for cardboard that is printed in the bajillions and has no history.

KAWAYOO binder collection:

20 Likes

2 - Supreme Victors (Actually out of order, but can you blame me?! This page is my favorite!)

Binder images moved to Main thread post

9 Likes

I started the binder with cynthia’s supreme victors cards, but Rising Rivals are the actual first cards he did.

9 Likes

This is awesome! I’m planning on doing a KAWAYOO binder at some point so this is really cool to see.

2 Likes

Nice! Yeah, he quickly grew to be one of my faves. With his style, I really recommend reverse holos. Some of the regular holo cards make it hard to appreciate the art.

2 Likes

That’s not something I would have considered so thanks for the suggestion! I love his style, it’s so dynamic. The card that initially brought my attention to him was his Heatmor from Sword and Shield Base ( I think).

1 Like

For me it was HGSS Feraligatr deck when PTCGO first came out. That deck got me back into the TCG and collecting after college.

2 Likes

This sick to see! Working on a Kawayoo too. Def one of my favourite illustrators along with Tokiya and Naoki Saito. Here’s some of my favourites from Kawayoo, the Umbreon with the holo looks wild. Would def recommend checking out their twitter too!

5 Likes

Absolutely! Kawayoo had a tweet or IG the other day of a really fun character piece.

2 Likes

6 - X/Y, Flashfire, Fists, Phantoms, Primal Clash, “Team Aqua and Magma Return”, and even some Roaring skies

6 Likes

7 - Roaring Skies, Ancient Origins, BREAKs, Umbreon and Full Art Promos, and Fates Collide

4 Likes

8 - Steam Siege, Sapporo Pikachu, and Sun and Moon stuff. Pre-release promos too, of course!

5 Likes

9 - Crimson Invasion to Lost Thunder, and a few promos in between

5 Likes

10 - Team Up to Cosmic Eclipse, Mewtwo, and a Pikachu & Zekrom Full Art. SO GOOOOOOOD!

7 Likes

11 - Last page before Peerless Fighters: Sword and Shield through Battle Styles with that awesome Urshifu Alternate in the middle

7 Likes

Something different

3 Likes

Almost forgot! Managed to complete the collection! Nighfall was a major pain, but Worth it!

11 Likes

This is great, I love Kawayoo’s art too. I think seeing his art all over HGSS really got me back into Pokemon at that time. Something very satisfying about seeing them all as reverse holos too, great collection!

1 Like

KAWAYOO crank that soldier boy now KAWAYOO

4 Likes

I apologize for my outburst. Love the collection. Takes a lot of commitment but is always so worth it.

1 Like