WTT: 1st ed base for Trophy Kangaskhan

A long shot - but im looking to trade a PSA 10 thick stamp Blastoise and a PSA 8 thin stamp Charizard for something like a PSA 6 or 7 Trophy Kangaskhan.

I value the Kang at around 6-8k and my cards at about 7500.

I would prefer to use a middle man, unless You’re relatively local to Ohio.

Thanks for reading and let me know!

4 Likes

Hold onto what you have. Not a good trade for you.

1 Like

It’s actually a fair trade these days… $7500 is right on the mark. ^

2 Likes

It’s not far off but you’d be sorry 5 years from now;)

1 Like

Gotta love the utter ignorance from people who don’t deal in Japanese whatsoever. There isn’t a trophy kangaskhan available for less than 10k right now. It’s already outperformed every English set card except Psa 10 charizard 1st Ed base. Even Psa 8 kangas are selling above 10k, which is more than any Psa 8 Chorizord.

Anyway getting free bumps @thundermoo! Good luck man, one of the best cards in the hobby!

10 Likes

I would overpay for a trophy card. I would definitely up your trade (possibly with cash). the trophy cards will have WAY more upside than your set card, regardless if it is the charizard or blastoise.

What if he likes the Kangaskhan more than the cards he already has?

8 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t listen to Btoise, he’s just a troll.

2 Likes

If what I’ve seen continues the attraction towards the original Japanese exclusives will continue to trickle down from the english collectors market. It balances out over time. Besides, the trophy Kang isn’t just any Japanese trophy. It’s iconic, appealing, well documented, completely original art different from any other. As a primarily English card collector it’s the only trophy card I’ve actively sought to purchase outside of the trophy-esque Grand Party

4 Likes

Stay away from the japanese trophy card market, and stick with the English base set. It was the real deal. Listen to king pokemon over anyone else here. He is right. Anyone who would tell you that is a good trade either wants to make that trade with you directly or to bolster the worth of what he has collected to his followers for future gains. Don’t be fooled. Stick with english. Stick with nostalgia. No one was ever 12 years old walking into a store seeing a damn kangas Khan for sale. That is what this is all about. Protect yourself. Stay away from this trophy card, and most of them moving forward. English base set 1st edition and shadowless moving forward. My .2 cents.

ding dong your opinion is wrong

ca.ign.com/articles/2019/10/24/obscenely-rare-pokemon-card-sells-for-record-breaking-195000?amp=1

9 Likes

Uh huh okay so you remember pulling a kangas khan out of an english booster pack written in another language when you were a kid too, huh? Show some respect to the OP and dont try taking him for a ride. I’m going to take a wild stab here but you might have the card hes looking for or either know someone who does. That psa 10 blastoise looks awfully tempting doesnt it.

Trophies > set cards

2 Likes

What point does this prove?

2 Likes

Lol. So uh sherot… what is your oldest memory ever playing with these cards? Or how about even hearing of the cards’ existence? This is an English market. Dont subscribe to the hype men who want you to believe in something that goes against the grains of the hobby. 1st edition base, shadowless base, unlimited base.

Imagine making a buy or trade thread and all the responses are this bullshit…

21 Likes

Guess scott hasn’t replied yet because hes too busy working out that trade with thundermoo. :eyes: that’s a real great deal for someone.

I haven’t posted in a while, but I felt like I needed to write something because I feel bad for thundermoo right now.

Please stop feeding the trolls in these forums, because they are not looking for your detailed explanations or sources…they are only seeking your time and validation.

This is not the first thread that got randomly derailed by the same type of members, but for a buy/trade thread, this seriously stinks and would suck if it gets locked.

7 Likes

Nostalgia is the breathing force of this hobby. Always has been and always will. When the youth of today grow up and begin to earn income they will seek out to buy back parts of their childhood. This kangas khan card would never have been known to any of us in '99 when it mattered most.