Wtf

I’m just going to come out and say it. Ash is a mediocre trainer at best.

2 Likes

Stop complementing him.

2 Likes

I’m nirly finishes diamond and pearl and I just can’t get past how they roll with the age of ash man. The pokemon story line could be so awesome with like epic adventures and shit, but they gotta keep doing the same your relationship with your slave is the most important/ gym battles and badges over and over again… Ohh man. Just the kind of thecounter intuitivelyness thinking you can expect from a corporation
… But hey IMA still gonna watch it, but I watch whilst I’m doing something else since I have couple of monitors and a TV all going nd shit… Browse yahoo bruh!
Don’t get me wrong I love the badges and stuff but that ship kinda be saled. I like the story line stuff like with diagla and palkia. Would be cool to see a more solid storyline.

1 Like

What I’ve mostly enjoyed is the very first season of the anime. I mean, part of it could be for nostalgia reasons for sure but the thing is that it all worked well back then as it was the very first season. Ash being the way he was (and still is…) had a good reason because he truly was in the beginning of his journey. And what I really enjoy about the first season is that it actually makes me laugh even today. The Finnish version of it had great translators and voice actors. Some of the jokes made in the first season anime are hilarious and enjoyable and most of the character acting are spot on.

I enjoyed the Johto series too. Can’t say about Orange Islands because I’ve never seen those episodes. That season was completely skipped in Finland and I’m not sure why. Probably to catch up with the US anime airing and get the newest episodes in here more quickly. Maybe I should find the episodes in English and watch them.

Where I really started to lose interest in the anime was Diamond & Pearl times. There really weren’t any interesting episodes for me. When the Black & White season started I got really interested in it again because I read those things that Team Rocket is actually going to focus on much smarter things than Pikachu and everything, but in the end it was a disappointment. As mentioned before in this topic, I agree that Iris and Cilan are the worst companions Ash has had.

I kinda understand that the anime needs to bring the new young viewers into Pokemon and it’s basics but it’s really starting to get boring. Ash is the main character but it would work so much better if there actually was a new character starting a journey. Or, they could still use Ash and let him meet new trainers and he could get some flashbacks to the beginning of his own journey or something. I don’t know but it’s repeating itself a lot. I haven’t really watched the XY anime at all so I can’t say much about it. At least the graphics are pretty from what I’ve seen. Oh and I really loved Pokemon Origins. Brings a different approach into all of it but also brings nostalgia for the older fans.

But yeah, for years I haven’t put an alarm to wake me up on weekend mornings to see Pokemon :grin:

3 Likes

Going to watch Origins soon :blush:

Uhhh…watched Origins…was OK - just felt like a rushed recap of the first games though…didn’t like it at all to be honest!

Needed a couple more eps i reckon.

I have watched every episode.

1 Like

i’ll watch the rest :blush:

Episode 2 was way better :blush:

Lol i thought u meant you had watched it all. I do still thing it would have been better suited to 6 eps. enjoy the other 2!

1 Like

Pokemon Origins had the potential to spawn an adult-like Pokemon anime, more focused on the details and what adults are more interested in.

Alas, they still want to market the anime at kids. Shits me.

1 Like