WTB/WTT - Ishihara / SNAPS/ WOTC

It used to be easy 2 years ago. Now, the Poliwag is back to its legendary Snap status in my opinion.

True, but there’s 15 or so graded compared to 2 or 3 for the others. Just more likely to find a seller (if anyone sells lol).

1 Like

There is a Snap Chansey on Yahoo auction. Both already graded by PSA are owned by collectors who won’t sell. I’d say that’s your chance.

3 Likes

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l546144759

Melchior just posted this in the giant auction thread - a bit over your budget but it is what it is I guess :wink:

2 Likes

Meant to post it here myself but couldn’t find this thread for the life of me. Thanks for the assist!

2 Likes

Try reaching out to the seller possibly since its a little over your range:

zenmarket.jp/auction.aspx?itemCode=l546144759

1 Like

Thanks fellas for looking out for me.

Sadly, I dont have any knowledge in purchasing items from Japan so it will slip through my fingers :slightly_frowning_face:

All you have to do is click on the zenmarket link in the post above yours then just register and pay for the item. Buying from Japan is really easy you just use a site to buy the stuff instead of going directly through the seller. If you really are serious about buying the snap cards and are waiting on Ebay then you are gonna have a bad time.

2 Likes

You would most likely have to use a buying service such as zenmarket or buyee, they would be middlemanning it for you. The few purchases I´ve done got all stuck in customs, no matter what the declaration was - which might be quite hefty depending on your location/the price.

Not sure where you live, but I personally live in The Netherlands. I use the middleman service Noppin, and at first I had the same issue as you: every package above 22 euros was going through customs and I had to pay a (sometimes pretty heavy - i.e. 300+ USD) import fee depending on the value of the Japanese cards I bought.

Noppin shipped every package automatically with EMS as shipping option. These days I request a cheaper shipping option in the notes, so I won’t have to pay import fees on packages < 200 USD. I’m sure something similar should be possible on ZenMarket or Buyee.

For cards like these I would most likely still use EMS however, since it’s more secure. But for a 15k SNAP card I’d probably have to pay close to 750 USD on middleman fees, and another 750 USD on import fees no doubt… I had to pay 225 USD import fees on a 900 USD insured package from the US a few days ago… Such a ripoff… :confused:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Maybe get in contact with Jpintrd swing him some cash to middleman the deal

Living in Germany, you can basically add 20% on the full amount just for customs, in this case (depending on exchange rate) around 2600 Euro + middleman fees…Amazing!

not even considering what a hassle it sometimes is to even get the package as they get very suspicious with these amounts and 0 sales data for some of these cards/products.

e: sorry for derailing the thread - now back to buying snap cards!

Honestly, you’re probably right about the ease of use. Spending 12k+ using an auction site that offers little protection and a middleman service honestly scares me. Maybe I’m making excuses just not to buy from yahoo japan but I’d rather be safe than sorry.

Australian import fees are stiff, I’d be looking at 2.1k USD for import fees + middleman, shipping and insurance cost on top.

Id much rather pay a premium for a US seller than buy off yahoo japan.

This is way I think I’ll go. I would rather pay an efour member a little something something than customs.

We’ll see if it gets relisted at a cheaper price today.

1 Like

Don’t forget the conversion rate fees to Yen from either paying with your card and/or depositing into one of these middleman sites, which have their own conversion rate calculator. Can be up to 5%. I was considering buying the Snap Chansey on Yahoo Japan and with fees, shipping insurance, etc it was over a thousand dollars more than the listing price.

1 Like

bump changed interest.

Hey! May want to quickly change your post to no trades, as they are no longer aloud! Happy new year!

I believe just trade threads themselves are no longer allowed. I don’t think mods mind @cosrob adding optional trade offers at the end of a ‘WTB’ post, as its main purpose if for buying. Correct me if im wrong though.

And i thought only Belgium’s customs were ripping… long live the EU ffs :confused:

You may be right. I’m unsure if it’s just specially “trade threads”. Or if trades themselves are no longer allowed.

Bump.