WTB (Non TCG) - Pokemon Silver & Gold CIB

Happy to move this if there’s a better section! :sunglasses:

Looking for both Silver and Gold, complete in box, in good shape. Ideally no tears, some dents & whitening of corners are fine. Just bought a GBC and am looking to rebuy these games – would love the original packaging/inserts for display becaaaaause I’m a collector.

**Willing to pay $200 for each in good condition. Less, as condition goes down, but not super interested in buying really busted up boxes.

Note: also looking for cartridges that have a new save battery installed.**

Thank you! Feel free to DM me or reply in thread if you have one you’re willing to sell.

1 Like

Good luck in your search, love seeing video game collectors!

1 Like

@gareth, good luck with your search! I’m also collecting the games and I just bought Gold CIB yesterday!

Just wanted to give you a warning since I don’t know how familiar you are with old GB games. Pokemon R/B/Y and G/S/C have an internal CMOS battery that powers the part of the circuit board that stores your save file. After 20+ years those batteries tend to dry out, meaning that the games won’t retain their save and you’ll be back to the beginning of the game after you power it down. So whether you buy the game through someone on here or on eBay it’s definitely worth asking about if you don’t know how to fix it yourself.

2 Likes

@ascendedbidoof, @kinggr, Thanks for the luck!

And @ascendedbidoof, I appreciate the heads up; I forgot this was an issue, but remember looking for the same thing when I was in the market for SoulSilver a while back. I’ll edit my post to include this very important point.

1 Like

I cannot back their credibility but pokemonkidz_ on Instagram posted a couple of days ago that they’re selling a sealed Gold version. I found their account when someone I was following said they bought a graded expedition lot from them.

1 Like

Hey — I have Pokemon Gold CIB minus the cartridge. I understand you’re probably looking for the full CIB but I can’t help you there.

Ironically I have the Gold box etc. and no Gold cartridge, and then the Silver cartridge but no box. Maybe I traded with a friend 20 years ago! Anyways - LMK and we can discuss.

1 Like

@gareth, Generally you can get the Gold cartridge with a new battery on eBay between $30 and $40 and super easy to find so I wouldn’t let the lack of the game sour you from purchasing Sokoe’s box for that reason.

2 Likes

Yep definitely true, and I’ve considered snagging one. Pics here: imgur.com/gallery/bhrIJdy

@gareth, LMK if you’re interested!

2 Likes

@sokoe , Sorry for the late reply, it’s been a busy week here! Thank you for sharing photos – your box is in great condition. I did pick up a Gold from eBay CIB recently – the cartridge has a new save battery, but the box is pretty beat up. I’ll reach out in a PM shortly. Thanks for posting!