WTB Complete holo 1st ed PSA 9 Base set, Jungle, Fossil...

I agree and I think it’s better to turn this into a positive experience than a negative one. I’ve done the hard work here; I’ve looked up the cheapest prices for the PSA 9 1st base set holo cards. This is for items that are easily searchable, not including things like the Blastoise listing that ended up for $500 because the seller spelt “Blastoise” as “Blastois” in the title. I also have a bit of data that goes beyond the 3 months that eBay tracks so some prices may be lower than what can currently be seen.

1. Alakazam $300
  2. Blastoise $627
  3. Chansey $232
  4. Charizard $2250 (but realistically you’re probably not going to find someone willing to sell under $3k at this point in time)
  5. Clefairy $223
  6. Hitmonchan $265
  7. Machamp $81
  8. Magneton $265
  9. Mewtwo $410
  10. Nidoking $211
  11. Ninetales $305
  12. Poliwrath $219
  13. Raichu $260
  14. Venusaur $440
  15. Zapdos $228

That’s $4,066 without the Charizard. Keep in mind these are optimistic eBay values since they are the lowest I could find. Shave off whatever eBay would be taking (lets say 12.5%) and you’re down to $3577. Someone selling you the whole set for $5000 would sell each card at the lowest market price and also losing almost $1500 on the Charizard. A more reasonable price when considering the eBay market would be closer to the $7500 range.

Another thing to keep in mind is that complete sets usually are listed for a bit of a premium, I guess as a convenience fee. My recommendation if you’re after the whole set is to buy the Charizard separately. Right now it commands almost half the cost of the set and you lose a lot of negotiation power because most people are going to be very reluctant to sell it at a discount now.

For the Fossil set, you’re asking $300 which I think is also very low. Just considering Dragonite, Lapras and the 3 legendary birds alone, you could probably sell them for about $290 on eBay now.

But I’m not telling you what to do here. Feel free to set your prices wherever you want. You could prove us wrong and find a seller, that’s fine (just tell me who they are :wink: ). If you do believe these card values are fueled by hype, I recommend not buying them now as mentioned by other users since you’re just wasting money. Even if you find someone that shares the belief that these cards are overpriced, they will probably be the ones most likely to take advantage of the hype and will not give you such a generous discount.

Again, I’m only trying to be helpful here. Feel free to ignore this is my help is not desired.

5 Likes

Why is everyone so bothered by this guy? Yeah his prices are below the current market and he’s a bit condescending with his responses. Sure he’s probably only here to see what sap will sell below market value, but is it really something to be this upset about? You tried to give him your advice and he refuses to take it, so why not just move on from there?

I don’t think anyone here was perfect when they 1st started, I’m sure everyone did at least 1 questionable thing and learned from it. Not everyone is the type to learn through everybody shoving their insight down their throat, some people just have to learn the natural way. Its crazy that ppl want him blocked when you don’t have to look at his post and he’s not breaking any rules.

Nothing he does affects you or the community in anyway so just leave him be.

PkmnFlyingMater you are the pristine example of a comment I want to see. Incredible post and thank you so much for that. On a side note that I feel like now I must say because of the amount of people responding to my post that don’t bother to read the actual post… "I AM “NEGOTIABLE” the FIRST rule on my thread in GIANT BOLD LETTERS. These prices are not set in stone I very clearly said at the beginning I’m negotiable. Complaining about how I’m offering ‘low prices’ literally proves you didn’t bother to read my post. And like FlyingMaster said, you are all wasting your time trying to create a negative atmosphere out of a simple buy thread, doesn’t help anyone.

I will also say this after completing a lot of research after 4 days on recent sales and current listings, I will be raising my offer prices right now! Thank you all for commenting especially you PkmnFlyingMaster and I hope to see more awesome comments like that in the future! :blush:

2 Likes

I beg to differ, I’m perfect.

1 Like

Yes. Elf is most certainly perfect :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It is his attitude towards us that makes us be harsh against him.
He with ‘all his experience and market research’ knows better than us. On this forum most are well aware of prices.

The thread he opened, people were trying to give him advice, which he did not want to take because he knows all to well himself.
Now he made a post with prices (because probably nobody contacted him) and his prices are really low so we all jump the bandwagon again to tell him offcourse.

And now he has people lined up to sell him base set PSA 9 1st ed holo’s for 5k, yeah sure man.
I mean sure if you got them lined up that’s good for you, but I think we all know that possibility is very very very slim.
Personally, I am on this forum because of the no-nonsense attitude. Serious collectors here who don’t mess around (usually haha :wink: ), not people who brag about what they know and then spread false rumours aswell that they got people lined up to sell something at a certain price just to try and devalue the market?

3 Likes

Ahh robbiegrass, another fool who doesn’t bother to actually read fully before forming an opinion, so many of you out their on such a great forum lol. Never said i had people lined up to buy for 5K$, go back and actually READ what was written instead of judging someone based on what others have said. Funny how you say you are no-noncense but the actual attitude of you and many others on this forum is just poor attitude XD

1 Like

This thread is now locked. OP feel free to shop around on eBay for what you are looking for. Otherwise if someone has something on your list they can pm you.

6 Likes