WTB: 1st edition base set Venusaur

Hey all.
Just wondering if anyone has one for sale at the moment.
Chasing the mintest copy available.
Budget at the moment is around $500-$600AUD.
There’s a couple of Beckett 9’s on eBay currently for $620AUD which I’ll opt for if no one has one.
But I’d rather support a fellow forum member before I buy else where :blush:
Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

If you can up your budget a little you might be able to snag a PSA 9 at auction as they go for around $650/$700. I would avoid Beckett 9s as they are generally PSA 7/8s at best.

I’d say the range for PSA 9 Venusaurs is more like $500-700 (USD), although it really varies. The last two for example sold for $455 and $780. I think it’s fair to say that the average is something close to $600. It seems like your budget would put you within striking distance of being able to acquire one. Just monitor them on ebay until you find a value that works for you.

And as Shizzle said, PSA 9s are generally considered to be a better bet than Beckett 9s in terms of card quality. Although I’m not speaking from personal experience, that’s just what I’ve heard. Usually people like Becketts because the 9.5s are very high quality, and the 10s are basically perfect cards. But I’ve heard that anything Beckett 9 or below will generally be in worse quality than the equivalent PSA grade.

Thanks for the info guys!
I have no issues and buying a raw copy either as long and it’s in mint condition!
I Spose I’m just gonna have to play the waiting game and wait for one to pop up on eBay…
There’s. Beckett 9 for sale at the moment with two 9.5 sub grades, maybe that’s the way to go?

Thanks again guys, appreciate it!
Drew.

I have one that is pretty minty, pm me if you are interested.