WotC era Bulk - store it or flip it?

So I’ve accumulated a ton of WotC era bulk over the years and trying to decide what I should do with it. I have probably around 20,000+ extras from Base to Skyridge. My initial thoughts was to box up all the non-first edition cards from Base to Neo Genesis and ship them off as bulk towards booster boxes of some form. But I wanted to see what others advise.

My primary hesitation is letting variants go that I may kick myself for later. One example is I know I have a bunch of late print Jungle cards with the “glossy finish” found on Fossil 3rd print cards. No one really identifies cards like these as unique right now but maybe in the future they will… Another example is the matte finish base cards I came across and posted about here. I could sort all those out now and separate them. Just not sure if it’d be worth the trouble or not or what could be uncovered in the future (oooohhh magic 8-ball).

Anyways, just curious what everyone does with their older bulk, any advice/ discussion is appreciated!

I suggest spending time going through them all :wink: I love sorting ha and its even more exciting when/if you find nice surprises etc.

Or the easy route is do what you said and ship it off as bulk.

I personally would separate the editions…energy trainers rares and uncommons holos and reverse(depending on what you class as bulk). Maybe into set piles, go through them and then decide what you want to do as youll have them organized.

Depends on how bad you need the $1200 and how much time you have really. I think you can do much better with most WOTC era stuff than the 6 cents T&T pays, albeit with much more time and effort. I don’t really have much unlimited stuff from WOTC era and I am obviously not selling off my 1st edition pack fresh stuff for bulk rates, so personally my only bulk trade-ins have been BW and XY era pretty much.

Oh it’s all been sorted by set and numerically within those sets. Tried to pull out all LP or worse cards as well.

This was my desk before this weekend. Got almost all those sorted now though.

Nice :wink: Yea sets, all the damaged/played cards pulled and nicely organized :heart_eyes: Personally if you have the time it may be worth selling as lots rather than bulk.If it was newer sets and all playable trainers and whatnot are taken out…maybe bulk it or something.WOTC imo is a different story …if you can be bothered and have the time of cfcourse :wink:
Im a big fan of sorting through cards coins and random stuff…im a sad b*****d but i love it!!!

I certainly don’t mind spending time separating or selling off large lots of cards via eBay or wherever. Obviously no one is going to want 100 Mankey Jungle cards so I assume you’re suggesting making smaller card lots and selling them off perhaps with some holos? Are there certain larger card lots that sell well in your experience? For instance 500 unique C/U, 25 Rare, 5-10 Holo or something along those lines?

In the past I have sold just large lots of base/jungle/fossil EXC-NM cards and often times received 10+ cents each which is a fairly significant % increase over T&T bulk rates. But yeah if you can make complete C/U/R sets or something by set you would be even better off though again more time and you would have to weigh time vs. gain to see what hourly rate you’d be pulling in. Probably wouldn’t be worth it unless you have a lot of free time and enjoy the sorting/selling.

1 Like

I’ll give you 12c for expedition, aquapolis, skyridge, neo destiny, and a select few from earlier sets I need. I wasn’t planning on collecting all the wotc sets, but this could get me to change my mind. Let me know =)

Are the general conditions n/m etc? and complete rare unc/c sets for most? (bar the decent expensive ones) Im only nosey as I dont have any sets in my binders from after team rocket and before black and white due to it being the eras I missed.

Plenty of people here would probably pay much higher than T&T for this stuff, don’t sell it for 6 cents !

6 Likes

+1

Thanks for all the replies and interest. I wasn’t intending this to be a selling post but I do appreciate the advice on bulk sales.

I was more hoping for folks input on if, long term, it would be a better idea to hang onto low value bulk or get rid of it. As I mentioned in my original post missing out on unusual/rare variants is my main concern. Do you think cards like late print Jungle “glossy” cards will ever be popular/ in demand enough to have value? Or matte print Base cards?

1 Like

Personally id keep hld of the nm+ cards if you have the space and dont need the money

Do you have a link to a thread or blog etc with variant cards please? I have sooo many bulk cards and rares etc.Im sorting through them in sets...any tips on not selling off cards worth keeping please? 😊 these are mainly diamond and pearl back to expedition

Most the variants I’m referring to can be found in the first few WotC sets. I don’t know much about differences that could be found in later sets other than barcoding on eSeries cards. But those have had little interest to me personally. I could make a list of base variants that I’m aware of if it helps any. Out of town the next few days but could do it once I get back. Base had the most variants by far as they were just working out the printing process.

I would stock it, the price of WOTC stuff will never go down. if it was modern cards I’d say sell it for bulk.