Worst set of all time?

I think crimson invasion is the world’s worst set.

1 Like

Strangely enough I loved forbidden light. It had insanely good playable cards at the time.
Looking back on it the set is not as impressive

As the resident ultra beast defender, at least there were chase cards (rainbow gyarados, lusamine, rainbow ultra beasts) emerging powers had 2 chase cards… 2 … 2 full art genies not even a full art Bianca or cheren.

Emerging Powers for sure. No real chase cards; some decent non-holos, but nothing really amazing either.

To quote myself from my Set of the Fortnight #17 - Emerging Powers thread:

That link at the bottom of the quote is basically the same question as this thread, but back in 2017. :slight_smile:

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

Surprised Legendary Collection has not been mentioned. It’s hugely inferior to Base 2, just a pure cash grab. Fireworks holo looks like a fake sticker from the 90s.

5 Likes

I am sad to see people mention Base Set 2. I have fond memories of opening packs from this set. The set made sense from a playability point of view at the time (e.g., cards not reprinted were bad cards). The cosmo holo also add some novelty. Surely this cannot be the worst set of all time. As said above, Legendary Collection is worse than Base Set 2 in every way.

2 Likes

when I was a kid i actually peeled the holos off because I thought they were stickers

3 Likes

Going old school here: the WOTC legendary set. Nothing but reprints.

2 Likes

It gave us holo dark vaporeon. Cant be the worst set of all time

6 Likes

Collector PoV Worst Sets:

WOTC: Aquapolis, most overrated set in history
EX Series: Sandstorm
DP Era: Mysterious Treasures
HGSS: Base
BW Era: Emerging Powers
XY: Primal Clash (Trash)
SuM: Base
SwSh: Vivid Voltage
SV: Temporal Forces

Screenshot_20240516_225118_Discord

7 Likes

Right in the gut

4 Likes

I agree on all these but Steam Siege is actually very good

1 Like

Ahh sometimes I miss these terrible takes

vivid voltage is a bad set, but nowhere near as bad as the other sets from year 1 thanks to amazing rares at least being interesting

as for sv, it’s by far OBF. basically flashfire 4.0. a trash set only carried by charizard being in it

5 Likes

vivid voltage just leaves a bad taste in my mouth during peak covid scalping same with champions path, but at least CP had cool cards

1 Like

approval****

1 Like

You mean good takes *** I’m always spot on with my reviews of things

1 Like

Could I ask why you chose temporal forces ?

Not a fan of the dinosaur dogs or the metallic dogs

1 Like