Worst set of all time?

I’m not quite sure which set is objectively the worst, including factors such as value, chase cards, etc.

33 Likes

Emerging Powers. Don’t want to hate on Tornadus and Thunderous, but they aren’t exactly a big chase for most people.

19 Likes

Celebrations, just need the trophy card reprint set for 30th to top it.

1 Like

Base 2 for WOTC, but Emerging powers I think wins. It’s a form of torture to look through the set list and try and find a good card.

11 Likes
  • Base Set 2 … It was an unnecessary expansion. Misleading title: it was NOT a sequel
  • Pokémon Go (Both Occidental and Japanese): Launched in the wrong time, it represents the game awfully and many representative things doesn’t even appear in the expansion.

Evolutions gotta be up there. Super lazy crap

4 Likes

The only one I can think of is PoGo, purely because of how much is in circulation and for how long the JP booster box has been at retail.

Agreed, not even a landorus full art!

Base set 2 is the worst set that matters.

1 Like

gotta be something from BW. no shot in saying those sets are better than something like Base 2 or any other reprint set which at least have some excitement when opening.

considering this is all you have, it’s definitely gotta be Emergin Powers

3 Likes

Emerging Powers

4 Likes

I liked celebrations. I vote for base set 2 as the worst

1 Like

Emerging Powers takes the cake, but Crimson Invasion is close. 0 good cards from Emerging Powers and 1 from Crimson Invasion.

9 Likes

Detective pikachu… pure nightmares…

9 Likes

Vivid voltage is up there

Steam Seige, Crimson Invasion, Rebel Clash, and Darkness Abalze are all pretty terrible.

6 Likes

Base 2 holo >>>>>>>base 1

5 Likes

+1 vote for emerging powers, and hilarious how a booster box is what, £2k? laughs in Rudy

1 Like

Steam Siege is an excellent set and I will not hear any slander on this forum.

14 Likes