Worlds 2023 Yokohama Deck

All I’m aware of is there will be another lottery :person_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Paying 10-15x prices seems ok and seems to be new current trend. Otherwise I’m still looking for $60 151s

Anyone in Japan finding these decks already?

Which other current product is 10x-15x MSRP right out the gate?

151s for example is “only” going for 4x-6x MSRP (5800 Yen).

I think these will continue to drop, at least in the short term. I searched Mercari for the deck yesterday and got 900 results, with some as cheap as $250.

The 3500 yen price tag does matter because it encourages a race to the bottom. People who got one for 3500 yen are more likely to continually undercut each other because if they sell it for even $200 for example, they can tell themselves they still made $170. You don’t get that as much if the buy in price is significantly higher like the other products.

Not saying the price of this is going to land anywhere near MSRP, but I think at least short term there are a lot of people in Japan who got their one box from the website and just want to flip it for some quick money.

3 Likes

This is good information, thanks for sharing!

Is this not also going to be on sale during world’s?

Just got back to collecting last couple weeks so not sure, everything seems so expensive.

I’m paying 2-3x raw prices for psa 9s for ultra modern, they use to be like same price as raw cards, maybe $10-20 more? People are buying psa 10 if it’s 10-20x raw card prices but that seems like a lot.

Too many people are buying Pokémon right now and need to calm down and allow Pokémon prices to get back to market prices or 20% less than market prices for quick sales. We can dream market crashes more.

I agree, market is too expensive right now. Might wait a year until prices calm down more.

Can you give examples of where the price for an Ultra Modern PSA 9 is going for 2-3x the raw card price? Just about all the PSA 9s I have seen for ultra modern are around the same price as a raw card.

1 Like

Are you asking to buy said psa 9s? Don’t really want a bunch of silly flippers focused on getting a 2-10x targeting psa 9s, wth lol broke boiis stay away

It’s a card I mentioned people are stonking up on as economy is sluffing , it’s economics

Hint it’s modern t9 grading equiv in ultra modern.

Just something to do

But are Japanese people finding the deck boxes in store?

I wouldn’t be throwing out “broke bois” while complaining about prices for the past two weeks :sweat_smile:

I’d for sure wait another year and pray prices crash. If it’s popular now, it won’t be popular then. :grimacing:

I’m worried broke boiis might actually exist on this forum tho.

Ok just kidding, but where are all the folks that flew to Japan early to absorb boxes?

I’m happy to support lesser than wealthy folks, how about we pay 4-6x msrp as e4 exclusive? So who’s in Japan already, I have $100-150 big ones for some orders, win:win ?

Every time I ask for closer to msrp price (and down for slight overpay for the cards or boxes, people become so outraged, I thought the norm now is to pay ridiculous overprice to get a new addition plus additional happiness.

There must be someone with some additional details in Japan .? Help out your comrades

1 Like

How many do you want?

Id take 3 at under 150 each. Hoping after worlds and the other lottery draw price gets closer to that

I would like 1 unit

Nice edit

I won one of these in the first lottery. I’m not selling but I checked the price on the second-hand market out of curiosity and well, looks like FOMO is still well and truly alive if people are buying this for 30,000 to 40,000 yen. Except for the tin (which is just cheap) and the Worlds stamp on the card I don’t feel there is anything particularly holding this promo card back from being released in multiple languages.

I basically set a price ceiling and just bought whatever’s out there below my price ceiling. I like the card and packaging a lot.

1 Like

This is a modern must have in my opinion, just like the precious collector box promo, stamp promos, players ceremony fanfare promos, certain alt art sars, pokemon center promos etc etc. I’m hoping i didnt overpay at current price, but I don’t see it going to 50-100$ on secondary market.

2 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t bet on these dropping much. Maybe short term if we’re lucky they dip below $200, but think about even the Kanazawa and Yokama promos that are only a few years old and have jumped way up in value. This deck is a world’s exclusive. And the promo card has Miraidon and Koraidon on it. Idk I snagged a couple on Mercari for about $245 each. Might have overpaid but I also could see these getting above $300 and staying there. Hard to know. We don’t know how many they are printing. But I think there is a lot of desire for this deck and I doubt everyone that wants one is going to get one :frowning: