Wise to sell 1st Ed PSA 9 Holos or should I invest in them?

I have a couple PSA 9 1st edition base set Holos(and multiple ungraded 9 worthy non holo set cards.

Im quite short in cash atm and thus thinking I need to offload some unfortunately. I really don’t want to though as all the indications show the base set will keep slowly rising in price. Plus it’s iconic.

My question is shall I happily keep them in my collection and find other means of cash, or make a quick buck and regret the decision?

Ive pretty much answered my own question but there’s my dilemma. Any advice would be good. Thanks

Owning cards won’t change you’re daily life but failing to pay your bills will.

6 Likes

Only you know what options you have for raising money and what it’s all needed for. If you don’t give us all that info how in the world could anyone else advise?

Basically I owe a relative a small amount of money. Financially I’m fine but selling a couple 1st edition holos is the easiest and quickest way of raising it. I have other sets and cards but would take longer.

My question really then would be how much potential are 9 grades throughout the whole set. As 10s are really expensive, what does the near future hold for them? Will they be as desirable or will the growth just hold for a while?

PSA 9 first edition base set will continue to rise. We’ve already seen significant increased in PSA 10s recently, as well as some of the 9s, but overall 9s will continue to prosper for a variety of reasons.

PSA 9s are desirable now and should continue to become more desirable as PSA 10s are financially growing out of reach for many collectors + other reasons.

Investing in PSA 9s/holding them isn’t going to make you a ton of money quickly. Will they increase? Simply put, yes, over time. If you need money now/soon and see selling your PSA 9 cards as one of the top options to recoup money, then that’s probably the path you want to take. No one here can make the decision for you!

2 Likes

4 Likes

9’s and 10’s will always be desirable and will continue to rise in value, that is a given unless the pokemon market crashes. If you can take care of your finances even if your account dips a bit I wouldn’t go and sell your cards just to keep your account looking even. Money comes and goes. Finding those cards again will only make it harder for you if you ever want them again and may become out of your price range if you ever choose to seek them out in the future. In the end your cards are a hobby. If you are in dire need of money, sell them. Finances always come first. Hobbies are as the name describes, a hobby, this is almost dead last in my eyes as far as priorities for where my money goes. In the end do what gives you peace of mind.

I’m telling you all that sun and moon hyper rares are the way to go. In 60 years people will be paying $200 for them. Best investments out there.

Haha how old will people be on here in 60 years :stuck_out_tongue: ill be 85 and probably dead so maybe have to Palm of my hyper rares to my son :blush: i like your thinking

3 Likes

Gary if your not getting buried with you Charizards I’ll be disappointed lol.