Wholesome Moments in Pokemon

We need some more positivity in the world. Share your wholesome moments in Pokemon.

Great example by @JoshsOddCollection:

7 Likes

Being mentioned in the latest @smpratte vid warmed my cockles. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

3 Likes

It made me smile @Dyl. Wasnt going to say anything but its the first thing that came to mind seeing your thread. I dont know you open up a tiny bit and you get torn to pieces lol.

1 Like

Wut are cockles

5 Likes

Headphone warning at the zard pull dude choir. -144p resolution, horrible audio, latex gloves, on the floor…one of the most iconic openings on Youtube from back when 1st ed base was a sub 6K box on a weak dollar:

7 Likes

We had a game of “Survivor” on the discord and one of the daily tasks was to get the most likes on a forum post. This was @swolepoke 's strategy

4 Likes

I’m sorry, I was confused what you meant by cockles. That word is not used in the U.S.

I am very glad that you were excited by the mention in the video.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Excitement isnt the right word but dont worry. Your turn to tell something from your heart.

I was at a card show and met a man in his late 20’s or early 30’s who was selling Pokemon cards. Most of his customers were young children and their parents. Each transaction was a few dollars, but it added up over time.

The seller and I spoke for some while about our collecting interests and how card shows are an incredible opportunity for community engagement. It was then that he had mentioned his recent cancer diagnosis and upcoming treatments…

He had traveled hours by car to get to this card show, and maybe pocketed a couple hundred dollars after paying for gas, food, etc. Clearly, making money was not his sole purpose of attending the show. The seller had made a choice to continue with his small business and collecting hobby despite the growing medical costs and health setbacks.

I think this story shows how resilient members within the Pokemon community are. Even in the face of adversity, we tend to give our increasingly limited time to the hobby because - put simply - it matters to us.

9 Likes

Lovely story obviously hope the guys ok.

1 Like

I love this idea! I have a few, but will start by sharing that I work in a walkable downtown. Our shop is next to a card shop that sells Pokémon. Literally next door. They even have a large 6 foot Charizard statue on the sidewalk.

We have large windows in the front by my office, and every day we have a constant stream of kids of all ages, from 5 to 15 mainly (but kids 25-50 too, lol) walking by for school or with their parents. Watching them drag their parents into the store and the walking out with packs in hand, grinning from ear to ear, dreams in their eyes, is enough to give anyone hope about pokemon!

We all transact so much these days online and on our phones. You sorta get numb to the open mouth YouTubers. Scott’s idea is great to pull out some binders to recharge… and I want to build on that. Everyone should try it. Sit outside a local shop (not target where the scalpers are lined up for the next drop) for a few hours, and just take in all the joy and excitement from the next generation in the hobby. It will bring a smile and remind you of your first time experiencing the hobby!

And I’m not talking about being some a creeper sitting out front watching kids! Buy a pack or two yourself, and enjoy!

5 Likes

I tried to indoctrinate some of my cousins (four boys) one time, brought my 64 gear + stadium 2 to our grandmother’s house. We tried some battles and the mini games of course. I know they enjoyed it a lot, we’ve had some rounds after this at their request. They are much younger than me so the 64 is pretty exotic and vintage. :older_man:

A game with only mini-games seems like a missed opportunity from Nintendo, it’s basically all-purpose entertainment just like a deck of cards!

3 Likes

In the year 2000 (why does just saying “2000” without “the year” before it sound so wrong, unlike any other year?) me and my parents went on a coach trip. On the way to our destination, 14 year-old me was looking through my 9-card binder of Pokémon cards, happily distracted from the dull journey. A couple of hours later, we arrived, and as we were getting ready to get off the coach, I realised my binder was missing. I panicked. I couldn’t find it anywhere, even with help from my dad.

We got off the coach and I was distraught. Then, a boy, slightly younger than me, comes up to us and asks “Are these yours?”, handing me the binder. He must have overheard the commotion. We thanked him and my dad gave him some money for his honesty. The binder must have slid off my lap at some point during the journey and slowly made its way underneath several seats in front of where we were sat (IIRC, we were in the middle, and he was near the front).

That boy’s name? Pokerev.*

*unconfirmed

8 Likes

Have you ever tried warioware? It’s pretty much a minigame based game. Quite fun with friends especially with how nonsensical the games are.
Not pokemon related though

I don’t think I have but it looks fun!

I skipped baseball tryouts to watch a new episode of pokemon and my grandpa was so mad that he didn’t talk to me for like a week.

Wait, thats not wholesome.

2 Likes