Who Should Get Priority - Set Collector or Species Collector?

Results so far are 60/40 split to the species collector.
Didn’t mean for this to be taken too seriously or trying to figure out who is the “true collector.” Both are respectable collectors.

4 Likes

Biased, but I’d say species. As a species collector I’d lean their way. No reason other than I too am one. And in this particular case, I’d feel sorry for their pain of being an Eeveelution/Flareon collector.

1 Like

I think that the species collector should get it if they are both paying equally. Sets are great, but I know for a fact the species collector will enjoy that card itself outside of the overall goal of completion.

The other way to think about this is, what can each collector offer me that helps me complete my goals. That’s who I would trade and sell it to

I would send it to auction, notify them, and watch the chaos unfold.

11 Likes

Or who is willing to up their initial offer? :rofl:

I personally find species collections to be more interesting than set collections so I would choose species collectors for that reason alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was gonna vote but then saw it’s at 69, so who am I to upset memetic balance :man_shrugging:

I would do the coin-toss too, even though I personally prefer the idea of set collecting it wouldn’t change my opinion of someone else’s right-to-collecting kinda thing.

I am highly biased. Of course it depends on the situation - but I’d say out of the majority of situations, I believe the species collector will appreciate it more on a personal level. I know I still have important memories with cards that were hard to get and I keep an active list of the names of folks from cards that I got due to their assistance. Granted, this is why I don’t say “every situation” because there are certainly many set collectors who are as equally passionate about set collecting.

2 Likes

It’s hard for me to relate with species collectors, so I’ll say set collectors. Set collecting will always have a definitive completion point.

I would sell it for less to somebody else entirely, purely to spite them both.

5 Likes

Species collector is a much harder and long-term goal, but I would base on who I like the most or what collection i like the most and feel it belongs to

A set collector is more likely to go for another set after completing one set so the completion isn’t done very long for them with that final card. But i can guarantee species collectors consider it A LOT before dedicating their lifes to collecting another species.

3 Likes

Not biased at all, but I totally think the species collector.

1 Like