Which would you choose - Masaki Gengar vs Grand Party vs Fan Club Porygon

If i didn’t own the gengar already it would be that one but in this situation it’s grand party since i love all cards with all legendary birds in it. Couldn’t care less if it was 10 or nine but as pure card choices it would be that one

3 Likes

It would be between the Porygon and Grand Party for me, mainly because I would rather go for the rarity and have the Gengar in it’s true Masaki dent from for less money.

4 Likes

I’d take the porygon or the grand party, I can’t really decide.
Probably the first one, since it aligns more with my personal taste.

2 Likes

Currently keeping a sneaky eye on the market for a PSA 9 Masaki Gengar so that gets my vote!

1 Like

No weak cards to easily discount there but I voted Grand Party because I love the legendary birds and their Sugimori artwork, and it was one of those legendary Japanese promo cards back in the day that I only ever saw in magazines or guidebooks. I didn’t know about the other two until much later.

2 Likes

I went with rarity. Porygon. The Masski is my favorite and a 4’11 Pokemon, but more easily obtained.

2 Likes

cant believe porygon doesn’t win this with rarity + price and porygon is also one of my favourites :slight_smile:

4 Likes

4 Likes

they are all pretty bad…lol ok.

2 Likes

Since my knowledge on all of them is pretty minimal with the exception of the gengar im going soley of pokemon preference on this one. Gotta go with porygon. Dont get me wrong i love gengar. Porygons just always been weird and mysterious to me, and hes cool.

3 Likes

sorry, i should have said “in my opinion” as someone who isn’t too big on the original era cards for the most part. if you’re into this aesthetic, i can definitely understand why they would be appealing. they’re cool conceptually. i am just not a fan of the aesthetic.

4 Likes

Can’t go wrong with any of them, all 3 are cards I’d like to own.

2 Likes

I picked up all 3 of these cards last year in those exact grades and this poll was one of the toughest decisions for me. All 3 are amazing cards with unique campaigns/events behind their releases and art styles that perfectly encapsulate the late 90s and early 2000s.

Went with Masaki Gengar because the expression is the best depiction of Gengar ever but would’ve voted for one of the other two on any given day.

3 Likes

Gengar or Porygon. I don’t know/didn’t look up the prices of any of these, but just by artwork I’d rank Gengar, Porygon, other.

2 Likes

Gengar :ghost:

2 Likes

I would go for the Porygon. I already have the Gengar and the Grand Party is relatively easy to obtain in comparison

2 Likes

Porygon 100%

3 Likes

I am not considering the grades, so if all cards were equal condition, I choose the Porygon. Very very special card and looks really great in hand. Grand party would be second and then finally the Masaki Gengar.

Cheers!

4 Likes

I’d go Grand Party all day long.

It’s one of those cards that encapsulates everything about vintage Japanese Pokémon cards.

Porygon would be second , and Gengar bringing up the rear by a good margin - amazing artwork, but Masaki wasn’t the only card to use it, whereas the other two are unique.

2 Likes

GP in 10 then fc Porygon, masaki Gengar is overrated

1 Like