Which Card to Buy?

Hey guys!

I’m getting back into the hobby and wanted to start by buying my favourite Pokemon card: Shining Mewtwo from the Neo set.

Should I buy it as a Japanese PSA 10, Unlimited PSA 10, or 1st Edition PSA 9. The prices are almost the same for all 3. Can I get figures of the rarity and scarcity of each?

What do you guys suggest?

Appreciate it!

(Here from the interview between SM and Gary!!)

I would go with 1st edition. The card and it’s nastolgic is what matters the grade is just a bonus.

I agree the 1st edition is will always be worth more in the future I would rather that than 1 extra point in a grade.

1st edition bro

1 Like

agree to 1st edition for sure.

Yep 1ed for sure

You can find the ‘rarity and scarcity’ for all three by finding examples of them on ebay or whereever else and then entering the PSA certification number into the form found on the homepage of www.psacard.com. That will tell you the current population of that card and the # of higher grades out there.

If it was me? 1st edition all day baby.

I concur to the above comments, so does Adam Sandler…

Just depends on your budget. A lot of people have suggested 1st ed but the Japanese version is really nice as well.

1st edition

First edition PSA 9 will be the best long term investment option of the 3 in my opinion. As for figures of rarity, the only available information is in the psa population on their website as print run numbers are unknown. Stating the obvious here but first edition English had a much shorter print run than the unlimited English version. The population is close between the 2 because most first edition have been graded already while a significant amount of unlimited may still be ungraded.
Here is the link for the populations:
www.psacard.com/pop/tcg-cards/2002/pokemon-neo-destiny/87131